Police in Karnataka on high alert following terror threat
Bangalore: Police in Karnataka have been put on high alert and extra personnel deployed around vital installations following the threat of a terror attack in the state to avenge the execution of 26/11 attack convict Ajmal Kasab, Deputy Chief Minister R Ashok said on Monday.
"There is threat of a terror attack in the state to avenge Ajmal Kasab`s execution. Though central intelligence agencies have not issued an alert, government is not dismissing such a possibility. We have deployed over 3,000 securitymen at vital installations in the state," he said.
Police said security was beefed up in the wake of Jammu and Kashmir police tracing an e-mail threat to a cyber cafe here.
To a query, Ashok, who is also Home Minister, said the government is ready to hand over to Delhi Police 15 terror suspects arrested in August last for suspected links to Laskhar-e-Taiba and HUJI, after completing legal formalities.
"Delhi Police have approached the state seeking the custody of the suspects for interrogation," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!