Police lathicharge Chiranjeevi`s rally, 20 injured
Kolar (Karnataka): Fifteen students were among 20 people injured when police baton-charged a crowd during an election campaign by megastar Chiranjeevi at Bangarpet in this Karnataka district.
Thousands of fans from neighbouring regions rushed to Bangarpet after news spread that the star would be arriving to campaign for the Congress candidate in the area for the by-poll on April 9.
Fans and students surged forward when Chiranjeevi tried to alight from his car and police resorted to baton charge, police said.
During the campaign, Chiranjeevi urged voters to vote for Congress and described the BJP government as being unsuccessful.
Campaigning ended in the evening in Bangarpet, Jagalur and Chennapatna assembly constituencies, where bye-elections are being held on April 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM