Police question over 80 persons in Bangalore law student`s rape incident
Bangalore: Police have questioned over 80 persons, including rowdy elements, in connection with the alleged gangrape of a 21-year old National Law School of India University student from Nepal in the Bangalore University campus.
Two days after the incident sent shock waves, police said they were yet to get the medical and forensic reports.
"We have been questioning every possible person of the area, including rowdy elements, the residents and friends of the girl. So far, we have questioned over 80 persons," police said.
The vaginal swab has been sent to the Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) here for analysis, hospital sources said.
The incident took place on Saturday night in the campus after the gang waylaid the car in which she was going with her boyfriend, an IT employee from Kerala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'