Police question over 80 persons in Bangalore law student`s rape incident
Bangalore: Police have questioned over 80 persons, including rowdy elements, in connection with the alleged gangrape of a 21-year old National Law School of India University student from Nepal in the Bangalore University campus.
Two days after the incident sent shock waves, police said they were yet to get the medical and forensic reports.
"We have been questioning every possible person of the area, including rowdy elements, the residents and friends of the girl. So far, we have questioned over 80 persons," police said.
The vaginal swab has been sent to the Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) here for analysis, hospital sources said.
The incident took place on Saturday night in the campus after the gang waylaid the car in which she was going with her boyfriend, an IT employee from Kerala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister