Police question over 80 persons in Bangalore law student`s rape incident
Bangalore: Police have questioned over 80 persons, including rowdy elements, in connection with the alleged gangrape of a 21-year old National Law School of India University student from Nepal in the Bangalore University campus.
Two days after the incident sent shock waves, police said they were yet to get the medical and forensic reports.
"We have been questioning every possible person of the area, including rowdy elements, the residents and friends of the girl. So far, we have questioned over 80 persons," police said.
The vaginal swab has been sent to the Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) here for analysis, hospital sources said.
The incident took place on Saturday night in the campus after the gang waylaid the car in which she was going with her boyfriend, an IT employee from Kerala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches India's first green rail corridor in Tamil Nadu
- UP: 8 children killed as train hits school mini-bus in Bhadohi
- Nepal likely to form consensus government within seven days of Oli resigning
- Hemant Soren complains against top police officer
- Salman Khan acquitted in black buck poaching cases: Check out mixed reactions on Twitter
- China says South Korea damaged 'mutual trust'
- Susan Rice urges `candour and openness` on Beijing visit