Police seize suspected petrol bombs in K’taka
Madikeri: Police seized two bottles filled with petrol connected with a wick which was kept in Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) bus that arrived at Somwarpet near here on Wednesday.
The bus was proceeding from Harihara in Davanagere district towards Madikeri, police sources told a news agency.
During its stop over at Somwarpet, the conductor of the bus found two bottles filled with petrol which were connected to a wick, which he threw away.
Police suspect it to be "some mischief by miscreants".
Superintendent of Police Ajitej rushed to the spot and ordered an inquiry into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre