Policemen`s sons arrested for assaulting girls in Bangalore
Bangalore: In a brazen attack outside a police station here, three persons, all sons of policemen, allegedly assaulted two young girls involved in an accident before they were arrested and sent to judicial custody.
"The boys have been arrested last night for allegedly assaulting two young girls and the mother of one of them. They have been sent to judicial custody," Joint Police Commissioner B K Singh said.
The accused were arrested under IPC Sections 323 (voluntarily causing hurt), 341 (wrongful restraint), 509 (word, gesture or intent to outrage a women`s modesty) and 354 (assault or criminal force against a woman to outrage her modesty), he said.
They have been identified as Chandan Patel (23), his brother Chakravarthi Patel (20), sons of an Assistant Sub Inspector and Nayana (19), son of a head constable with City Armed Reserve.
The culprits reside in Adugodi police quarters, Singh said, adding, Chandan and Chakravarthi are college students while Nayana is employed with a private firm.
The incident took place when the car in which the girls were travelling was hit by another vehicle from behind.
"They (the girls) stopped the car and argued with the van driver, when two boys standing nearby passed lewd comments on them. When the girls protested, one of the boys assaulted them," Singh said.
The boys also allegedly assaulted one of the girls` mother in Audugodi traffic police station, Singh said.
"The parents came to the station after the girl informed them about the incident over the phone," he added.
DCP (South) H S Revanna reprimanded traffic police for not stopping the trio from assaulting the girls in their presence.
The girls reached a compromise with the van driver by not registering a case, Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened