Political insecurity prompted Nitish to leave NDA: Sadananda
Bangalore: Political insecurity and growing popularity of BJP, especially after Narendra Modi`s elevation as the party`s Election Campaign Committee Chief, had prompted Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to walk out of the NDA, Former Karnataka Chief Minister D V Sadananada Gowda claimed on Monday.
"Nitish lost Parliament elections in Bihar conceding defeat to Lalu Prasad Yadav`s RJD. But as far as Modi is concerned, he won all the six seats -- four MLA and two Lok Sabha seats -- that belonged to Congress. Hence this insecure feeling forced him to come out of NDA alliance," the BJP leader told reporters here.
JD(U) chief Sharad Yadav`s objection to Modi`s elevation was not fair because he had earlier stated that it was an internal matter of BJP, he said.
He also said Advani`s suggestion to take everybody along was not wrong, but the right decision has been taken at the right time to elevate Modi.
"There were tremendous expectations from party leaders that something new will come out in BJP National Convention (held in Goa). If there hasn`t been any declaration, there would have been a big issue across the party and all over the country," he said.
It was the correct decision at the appropriate time because even the Congress yesterday took organisational steps and BJP expects that Lok Sabha elections are not far away, Gowda said.
Asked about post-poll alliance with KJP because of B S Yeddyurappa`s proximity to Modi, he said anything could happen in politics.
"Anybody who is not favourable to the party also may join us anytime," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city