Political insecurity prompted Nitish to leave NDA: Sadananda
Bangalore: Political insecurity and growing popularity of BJP, especially after Narendra Modi`s elevation as the party`s Election Campaign Committee Chief, had prompted Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to walk out of the NDA, Former Karnataka Chief Minister D V Sadananada Gowda claimed on Monday.
"Nitish lost Parliament elections in Bihar conceding defeat to Lalu Prasad Yadav`s RJD. But as far as Modi is concerned, he won all the six seats -- four MLA and two Lok Sabha seats -- that belonged to Congress. Hence this insecure feeling forced him to come out of NDA alliance," the BJP leader told reporters here.
JD(U) chief Sharad Yadav`s objection to Modi`s elevation was not fair because he had earlier stated that it was an internal matter of BJP, he said.
He also said Advani`s suggestion to take everybody along was not wrong, but the right decision has been taken at the right time to elevate Modi.
"There were tremendous expectations from party leaders that something new will come out in BJP National Convention (held in Goa). If there hasn`t been any declaration, there would have been a big issue across the party and all over the country," he said.
It was the correct decision at the appropriate time because even the Congress yesterday took organisational steps and BJP expects that Lok Sabha elections are not far away, Gowda said.
Asked about post-poll alliance with KJP because of B S Yeddyurappa`s proximity to Modi, he said anything could happen in politics.
"Anybody who is not favourable to the party also may join us anytime," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA