Poll outcome a setback for Cong, Siddaramaiah
Bangalore: Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Friday said the Lok Sabha poll outcome was a "setback" to the party at both national and state levels.
"When people desire for change such results occur. This result is a setback for Congress both at national as well as state levels," Siddaramaiah, who had targeted to put up a good show, told reporters here.
Siddaramaiah, who completed one year in office early this week said, "We accept the people`s mandate with utmost humility. In democracy people`s verdict is final."
Karnataka Pradesh Congress Committee President G Parameshwara in a statement said, "our government in the state has performed well in the last one year; still we have not been able win expected number of seats."
He said "people think differently while voting for Legislative and Parliamentary elections, we respect people`s verdict."
Former Chief Minister H D Kumaraswamy who lost in Chikkaballapur constituency, said "BJP asked for vote in the name of Modi and people of the state has supported Modi, I bow to their verdict."
Thanking voters for the poll results, former Chief Minister and leader of opposition in assembly Jagadish Shettar said "this was people`s election, it was a national movement."
Shettar also demanded Siddaramaih`s resignation for Congress` dismal performance in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA