Porngate: Ex-ministers reply to show cause notice
Bangalore: Three former Karnataka BJP ministers, who lost their jobs over watching porn film clippings on mobile when the Assembly was in session, Thursday submitted their replies to the show cause notice slapped on them by Speaker KG Bopaiah.
The trio -- Laxman Savadi, CC Patil and Krishna Palemar sent in their separate replies to the speaker and their respective aides handed over them to Assembly Secretary, Om Prakash.
Prakash told a news agency that the replies submitted in sealed cover would be forwarded to the Speaker.
Bopaiah told reporters that the replies by the three former ministers had reached his secretariat and he was yet to take a look at it.
Bopaiah is expected to form a six-member house panel to probe the episode that took place inside the state assembly on February seven.
He said he would take a decision on the formation of the committee to probe the matter and also on consulting opposition Congress and JDS, which have already decided against nominating their members on the panel.
While Savadi and Patil face allegations of watching the sleazy clippings, Palemar is accused of supplying them to Savadi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing