Porngate: Ex-ministers reply to show cause notice
Bangalore: Three former Karnataka BJP ministers, who lost their jobs over watching porn film clippings on mobile when the Assembly was in session, Thursday submitted their replies to the show cause notice slapped on them by Speaker KG Bopaiah.
The trio -- Laxman Savadi, CC Patil and Krishna Palemar sent in their separate replies to the speaker and their respective aides handed over them to Assembly Secretary, Om Prakash.
Prakash told a news agency that the replies submitted in sealed cover would be forwarded to the Speaker.
Bopaiah told reporters that the replies by the three former ministers had reached his secretariat and he was yet to take a look at it.
Bopaiah is expected to form a six-member house panel to probe the episode that took place inside the state assembly on February seven.
He said he would take a decision on the formation of the committee to probe the matter and also on consulting opposition Congress and JDS, which have already decided against nominating their members on the panel.
While Savadi and Patil face allegations of watching the sleazy clippings, Palemar is accused of supplying them to Savadi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon