Porngate: Ex-ministers reply to show cause notice
Bangalore: Three former Karnataka BJP ministers, who lost their jobs over watching porn film clippings on mobile when the Assembly was in session, Thursday submitted their replies to the show cause notice slapped on them by Speaker KG Bopaiah.
The trio -- Laxman Savadi, CC Patil and Krishna Palemar sent in their separate replies to the speaker and their respective aides handed over them to Assembly Secretary, Om Prakash.
Prakash told a news agency that the replies submitted in sealed cover would be forwarded to the Speaker.
Bopaiah told reporters that the replies by the three former ministers had reached his secretariat and he was yet to take a look at it.
Bopaiah is expected to form a six-member house panel to probe the episode that took place inside the state assembly on February seven.
He said he would take a decision on the formation of the committee to probe the matter and also on consulting opposition Congress and JDS, which have already decided against nominating their members on the panel.
While Savadi and Patil face allegations of watching the sleazy clippings, Palemar is accused of supplying them to Savadi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach