Porngate: Probe panel submits report to Speaker
Bangalore: The Legislature Committee which
probed the porngate episode involving three ruling BJP MLAs in
Karnataka submitted its report to the Speaker K G Bopaiah on Monday.
"Yes", the Speaker told PTI when asked if the panel has
given its report.
Television footage of Legislative Assembly proceedings on
February 7 showed Lakshman S Savadi watching pornclips and C C
Patil,sitting next to him,also having a look at it,on a mobile
phone of J Krishna Palemar last month. The three had to quit
as Ministers the next day following public outrage.
The panel, chaired by Shrishailappa Bidarur, had summoned
representatives of two television channels and the three MLAs
and questioned them on the episode, besides consulting top
officials of the Law Department, before finalising the report.
Bopaiah had constituted a seven-member House panel,
comprising four members from BJP, two from Congress and one
from JDS to probe the episode, but the opposition had
boycotted the committee, alleging that the move is an exercise
to cover up the scandal.
They have maintained that there was no need for probe as
the three MLAs have admitted to their actions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview