Porngate: Probe panel submits report to Speaker
Bangalore: The Legislature Committee which
probed the porngate episode involving three ruling BJP MLAs in
Karnataka submitted its report to the Speaker K G Bopaiah on Monday.
"Yes", the Speaker told PTI when asked if the panel has
given its report.
Television footage of Legislative Assembly proceedings on
February 7 showed Lakshman S Savadi watching pornclips and C C
Patil,sitting next to him,also having a look at it,on a mobile
phone of J Krishna Palemar last month. The three had to quit
as Ministers the next day following public outrage.
The panel, chaired by Shrishailappa Bidarur, had summoned
representatives of two television channels and the three MLAs
and questioned them on the episode, besides consulting top
officials of the Law Department, before finalising the report.
Bopaiah had constituted a seven-member House panel,
comprising four members from BJP, two from Congress and one
from JDS to probe the episode, but the opposition had
boycotted the committee, alleging that the move is an exercise
to cover up the scandal.
They have maintained that there was no need for probe as
the three MLAs have admitted to their actions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what