POSCO not to come up without farmers` consent: CM
Hubli: Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa on Friday said the Rs 30,000 crore steel project by Korean major Posco will not come up in Gadag district without farmers` consent.
The Posco project will not be set up against the wishes of the farmers, he said.
He directed Gadag Deputy Commissioner Shankar Narayan to submit a letter in this regard to Tontadarya Mutt seer Siddalinga Swamiji spearheading the agitation in the district against the Posco project.
"I do not wish to go against the wishes of the farmers and the swamiji as I am a pro-farmers man. As such there will be no Posco steel plant in Gadag district and I am not acquiring fertile farmlands for the purpose", Yeddyurappa, who arrived
here to attend the two-day BJP state executive meet, told
He reiterated that only if the seers and farmers arrived at a "consenus" on setting up of the project, he would consider its (project`s) implementation in the district.
Following protests by farmers and opposition, Yeddyurappa had said yesterday his government will announce in two days its decision on the location of the project.
He had earlier said there was no re-rethinking on the part of the government to relocate the Posco project from Gadag to another district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands