Pradhan arrives amid Yeddy`s renewed bid for CM
Bangalore: BJP general secretary and Karnataka
in-charge Dharmendra Pradhan arrived here on Sunday amid former
chief minister B S Yeddyurappa stepping up his demand for
reinstating him as chief minister.
Speaking to reporters on his arrival, Pradhan said he had
come to the city to attend a private function and not to
He, however, said the leadership issue was in public
domain and the central leadership was aware about it.
Pradhan said he was happy with Chief Minister D V
Sadananda Gowda`s governance and there was nothing wrong in
Yeddyurappa taking out statewide tour in drought-hit areas of
the state. "Yeddyurappa is our leader. What`s wrong if he
visits drought-hit areas?" he said.
However, party sources said Pradhan has been deputed by
the central leadership to hold discussions with rival factions
to bring an end to the Yeddyurappa-Sadananda Gowda feud over
the leadership issue.
Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Minister Jagadish
Shettar also met Pradhan and held talks for 30 minutes, the
They said since Gowda and state BJP president K S
Eshwarappa were not in the city, Pradhan would extend his stay
The party sources said Pradhan would discuss various
options before the party with respect to Yeddyurappa`s
Yeddyurappa, who was on visit to drought hit areas,
returned to the city last night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport