Prez to declare open Suvarna Soudha in Belgaum next month
Bangalore: President Pranab Mukherjee will inaugurate on October 11 the "Suvarna Soudha", the Rs 400 crore second legislature complex built by Karnataka Government in Belgaum.
Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar told reporters here on the sidelines of a function here that the President had agreed to visit Karnataka on October 11 to declare open the Suvarna Soudha, built on the model of the `Vidhana Soudha` here which houses the bi-cameral legislature and the Secretariat.
The President will also address a joint session of the state legislative Council and Assembly, Shettar said.
The government planned to hold the winter session of the legislature during November or December, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB