Prez to declare open Suvarna Soudha in Belgaum next month
Bangalore: President Pranab Mukherjee will inaugurate on October 11 the "Suvarna Soudha", the Rs 400 crore second legislature complex built by Karnataka Government in Belgaum.
Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar told reporters here on the sidelines of a function here that the President had agreed to visit Karnataka on October 11 to declare open the Suvarna Soudha, built on the model of the `Vidhana Soudha` here which houses the bi-cameral legislature and the Secretariat.
The President will also address a joint session of the state legislative Council and Assembly, Shettar said.
The government planned to hold the winter session of the legislature during November or December, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?