Private complaint against former minister before Lokayukta
Bangalore: A private complaint was filed before the Lokayukta on Thursday against former minister and BJP MLC B J Puttaswamy, his wife and two institutions, for allegedly misusing his official position as an MLC and defrauding public funds and amassing of wealth disproportionate to his known sources of income.
In his complaint, Devaraj Gowda, a city resident stated that during 1985-1996, when he was MLC and also Chairman of Slum Clearance Board, he allegedly "misused and abused" his position and availed loans from Karnataka State Finance Corporation and Karnataka State Industrial and Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited, represented by their Managing Directors, to the tune of Rs 2.20 crore for a company in which he and his wife Shanthamma are directors.
The firm became sick within two years, the complainant alleged.
A Loan amount of Rs 55 crore was allegedly outstanding against Puttaswamy and his wife due to their failure to make payment from the beginning of availing of loan, he stated.
Devaraj Gowda further charged Puttaswamy with having illegally acquired a revenue site in Kethamaranahalli in his wife`s name on which he built a house and sold it for Rs six lakh in 1988 and purchasing a residential property in Malleshwaram in his wife`s name in 1988 on which he invested over Rs 10 lakh and built a house in 1988-89.
Gowda also charged Puttaswamy with giving a "wrong declaration" before the IT authorities.
Charging Puttaswamy of "criminal misconduct under the PC Act", he alleged that the Puttaswamy in collusion with his wife had defrauded public funds under the guise of illegally availing loans from state finance institutions and also by diverting the said funds besides amassing disproportionate wealth.
The accused in the complaint besides Puttaswamy and his wife are KSFC and KSIIDC, represented by their respective Managing Directors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick