Probe against CM can begin straightaway: Lokayukta Police
Bangalore: Lokayukta Police on Monday said it
could commence its probe straightaway into a private complaint
against Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa and his family members
for their alleged involvement in land and illegal mining
"According to our chief of legal cell whose views had been
sought for filing an FIR in this case, there is no need to
file an FIR at all. Investigation in this case can commence
straightaway", Additional Director General of Police (ADGP)
Rupak Kumar Dutta said.
On March 25, the Lokyukta police were served orders by the
Special Court directing it to complete the enquiry into one of
the five complaints lodged before it by two city-based
advocates against Yeddyurappa and his family members and
submit its report on the issue by May 4.
In reply to the court`s order, Lokayukta police had said
that they would seek legal opinion before deciding the future
course of action.
Legal experts had said Lokayukta Police was likely to
register a "technical FIR" for their records before the probe.
Advocates Sirajin Basha and KN Balaraj have filed five
complaints against Yeddyurappa and his family members in
connection with the allegations after receiving Governor H R
Bharwaj`s sanction for prosecution of the Chief Minister.
The first complaint levelled three charges - denotification
of agricultural land in a layout, its sale to Yeddyurappa`s
son BY Vijayendra and his son-in-law Sohan and subsequent
sale to a private mining firm.
The second complaint related to "illegal sale" of another
piece of land in the same layout to a private developer of
which Yeddyurappa`s two sons and son-in-law are directors and
third to "illegal amalgamation" of road land and 10 sites in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!