Probe ordered in complaint against HD Kumaraswamy
Bangalore: The Lokayukta court on Wednesday ordered probe on a complaint accusing JDS` Karnataka unit chief H D Kumaraswamy of illegally denotifying land during his tenure as Chief Minister.
The Lokayukta Court judge N K Sudhindra Rao directed the Superintendent of Police (Lokayukta) Bangalore Urban to investigate and submit its report by August 17.
In his complaint, Mahadevaswamy, a BJP worker, accused Kumaraswamy of illegally denotifying about 2.24 acres in Halagevoderahalli in Banashankari 5th stage in Bangalore, for "pecuniary gain causing loss of about Rs 55-60 crore to the state exchequer".
Besides Kumaraswamy,18 others who are close associates of the JDS chief, have also been named in the complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what