Probe ordered in complaint filed against BSY, Son
Bangalore: Spelling fresh trouble for former Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa, the Lokayukta Court on Tuesday ordered a probe into a complaint filed against him and his son alleging illegal denotification of land in Bhadravathi.
The Lokayukta Court Judge NK Sudhindra Rao directed the fourth Deputy Superintendent of Police, Lokayukta Bangalore Urban, Nahad, to conduct an inquiry into the complaint and get certified copies of the documents by the respective authorities as claimed by the complainant.
The court directed the complainant, advocate Vinod B to file another set of documents by tomorrow and adjourned the case to August 2.
Besides Yeddyurappa and his son BY Raghavendra, MP, five others have also been named in the complaint, who the complainant alleged, are benamidars of Yeddyurappa, who executed the sale deed in favour of Dhavalagiri Properties, a company owned by his sons.
The complainant alleged that Yeddyurappa abusing his official power had denotified 69 acres at Bhadravathi in 2010.
Vinod also alleged that the former Chief Minister used the benamidars to get the lands transferred in the name of Dhavalagiri Properties, two months after denotifying them.
He also alleged that more than 250 acres of forest land located at Reserve Forest in Bhadravathi was denotified between 2010-2011, and alleged that Yeddyurappa had amassed assets disproportionate to his known sources of income.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof