Probe ordered in complaint filed against BSY, Son
Bangalore: Spelling fresh trouble for former Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa, the Lokayukta Court on Tuesday ordered a probe into a complaint filed against him and his son alleging illegal denotification of land in Bhadravathi.
The Lokayukta Court Judge NK Sudhindra Rao directed the fourth Deputy Superintendent of Police, Lokayukta Bangalore Urban, Nahad, to conduct an inquiry into the complaint and get certified copies of the documents by the respective authorities as claimed by the complainant.
The court directed the complainant, advocate Vinod B to file another set of documents by tomorrow and adjourned the case to August 2.
Besides Yeddyurappa and his son BY Raghavendra, MP, five others have also been named in the complaint, who the complainant alleged, are benamidars of Yeddyurappa, who executed the sale deed in favour of Dhavalagiri Properties, a company owned by his sons.
The complainant alleged that Yeddyurappa abusing his official power had denotified 69 acres at Bhadravathi in 2010.
Vinod also alleged that the former Chief Minister used the benamidars to get the lands transferred in the name of Dhavalagiri Properties, two months after denotifying them.
He also alleged that more than 250 acres of forest land located at Reserve Forest in Bhadravathi was denotified between 2010-2011, and alleged that Yeddyurappa had amassed assets disproportionate to his known sources of income.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM
- Uttarakhand board Class 12th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court