Probe ordered in complaint filed against BSY, Son
Bangalore: Spelling fresh trouble for former Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa, the Lokayukta Court on Tuesday ordered a probe into a complaint filed against him and his son alleging illegal denotification of land in Bhadravathi.
The Lokayukta Court Judge NK Sudhindra Rao directed the fourth Deputy Superintendent of Police, Lokayukta Bangalore Urban, Nahad, to conduct an inquiry into the complaint and get certified copies of the documents by the respective authorities as claimed by the complainant.
The court directed the complainant, advocate Vinod B to file another set of documents by tomorrow and adjourned the case to August 2.
Besides Yeddyurappa and his son BY Raghavendra, MP, five others have also been named in the complaint, who the complainant alleged, are benamidars of Yeddyurappa, who executed the sale deed in favour of Dhavalagiri Properties, a company owned by his sons.
The complainant alleged that Yeddyurappa abusing his official power had denotified 69 acres at Bhadravathi in 2010.
Vinod also alleged that the former Chief Minister used the benamidars to get the lands transferred in the name of Dhavalagiri Properties, two months after denotifying them.
He also alleged that more than 250 acres of forest land located at Reserve Forest in Bhadravathi was denotified between 2010-2011, and alleged that Yeddyurappa had amassed assets disproportionate to his known sources of income.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics
- WATCH: OH MY WORD! Did Xherdan Shaqiri score greatest ever Euro goal?
- Lachipora encounter: Security forces shot dead 2 militants; gunbattle underway
- IIFA 2016: Ranveer Singh gets his fanboy moment with Fawad Khan!
- Accused of 'intimidation', Delhi Deputy CM Sisodia to stage protest march to PM Modi's residence