Probe ordered into complaint against Cong MLA
Bangalore: The Lokayukta court on Wednesday ordered probe into a complaint filed against Baburao Chinchansur, the Congress MLA representing Gurmitkal constituency, accusing him of amassing assets disproportionate to his known sources of income.
Judge NK Sundhidra Rao directed Superintendent of Police (Lokayukta) Bangalore Urban to conduct investigation under 156(3) CrPC into the complaint filed by one Shanthappa, and submit his report by January 09, 2013.
Shanthappa in his complaint stated that during 1989-2011, Chinchandur had purchased 170 properties across the state and declared his total income to be over Rs 1.56 crore whereas the actual value of his assets is Rs 14,97,78,217.
Apart from these assets, he is alleged to possess immoveable assets which were yet to be calculated including gold idol, silver dining table and chairs, the complainant had submitted.
During the years 1989, 1994, 1999-2008, Chinchansur has been an MLA and from 1999-2004, he was also a Minister for Lotteries, Savings, Insurance and Muzrai.
The complaint charged Chinchansur of committing offences under section 13(1)(e) r/w section 13(2) of the Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988 and prayed the court to order investigation under section 156(3) CrPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day