Probe ordered into complaint against Cong MLA
Bangalore: The Lokayukta court on Wednesday ordered probe into a complaint filed against Baburao Chinchansur, the Congress MLA representing Gurmitkal constituency, accusing him of amassing assets disproportionate to his known sources of income.
Judge NK Sundhidra Rao directed Superintendent of Police (Lokayukta) Bangalore Urban to conduct investigation under 156(3) CrPC into the complaint filed by one Shanthappa, and submit his report by January 09, 2013.
Shanthappa in his complaint stated that during 1989-2011, Chinchandur had purchased 170 properties across the state and declared his total income to be over Rs 1.56 crore whereas the actual value of his assets is Rs 14,97,78,217.
Apart from these assets, he is alleged to possess immoveable assets which were yet to be calculated including gold idol, silver dining table and chairs, the complainant had submitted.
During the years 1989, 1994, 1999-2008, Chinchansur has been an MLA and from 1999-2004, he was also a Minister for Lotteries, Savings, Insurance and Muzrai.
The complaint charged Chinchansur of committing offences under section 13(1)(e) r/w section 13(2) of the Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988 and prayed the court to order investigation under section 156(3) CrPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!