Probe ordered into complaint against Cong MLA
Bangalore: The Lokayukta court on Wednesday ordered probe into a complaint filed against Baburao Chinchansur, the Congress MLA representing Gurmitkal constituency, accusing him of amassing assets disproportionate to his known sources of income.
Judge NK Sundhidra Rao directed Superintendent of Police (Lokayukta) Bangalore Urban to conduct investigation under 156(3) CrPC into the complaint filed by one Shanthappa, and submit his report by January 09, 2013.
Shanthappa in his complaint stated that during 1989-2011, Chinchandur had purchased 170 properties across the state and declared his total income to be over Rs 1.56 crore whereas the actual value of his assets is Rs 14,97,78,217.
Apart from these assets, he is alleged to possess immoveable assets which were yet to be calculated including gold idol, silver dining table and chairs, the complainant had submitted.
During the years 1989, 1994, 1999-2008, Chinchansur has been an MLA and from 1999-2004, he was also a Minister for Lotteries, Savings, Insurance and Muzrai.
The complaint charged Chinchansur of committing offences under section 13(1)(e) r/w section 13(2) of the Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988 and prayed the court to order investigation under section 156(3) CrPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP