Probe ordered into complaint against Cong MLA
Bangalore: The Lokayukta court on Wednesday ordered probe into a complaint filed against Baburao Chinchansur, the Congress MLA representing Gurmitkal constituency, accusing him of amassing assets disproportionate to his known sources of income.
Judge NK Sundhidra Rao directed Superintendent of Police (Lokayukta) Bangalore Urban to conduct investigation under 156(3) CrPC into the complaint filed by one Shanthappa, and submit his report by January 09, 2013.
Shanthappa in his complaint stated that during 1989-2011, Chinchandur had purchased 170 properties across the state and declared his total income to be over Rs 1.56 crore whereas the actual value of his assets is Rs 14,97,78,217.
Apart from these assets, he is alleged to possess immoveable assets which were yet to be calculated including gold idol, silver dining table and chairs, the complainant had submitted.
During the years 1989, 1994, 1999-2008, Chinchansur has been an MLA and from 1999-2004, he was also a Minister for Lotteries, Savings, Insurance and Muzrai.
The complaint charged Chinchansur of committing offences under section 13(1)(e) r/w section 13(2) of the Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988 and prayed the court to order investigation under section 156(3) CrPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured