Process of power transfer within Cong has begun: Karnataka BJP
Bangalore: Discontent is brewing in the ruling Congress in Karnataka against Chief Minister Siddaramaiah`s style of functioning, the state BJP claimed on Monday.
Several Congress leaders had expressed concern on the issue and attempts for "transfer of power" had begun, Opposition leader in the Legislative Council D V Sadananda Gowda told reporters here, raising doubts about the Chief Minister`s continuance.
"Recently several senior Congress leaders, including Rajashekharan (former union minister), Ramesh Kumar (former Assembly Speaker) and Motamma (former CWC member) have expressed their concern over the style of functioning of Siddaramaiah," Gowda, a former chief minister said.
Rajasekharan, special invitee to the Congress Working Committee and MLC, had shot off a letter to party president Sonia Gandhi asking her to set up a coordination committee under the chairmanship of a senior party leader to "provide orientation and guidance" to the Siddaramaiah government to follow "the party style and culture of governance".
Rajashekharan has dwelt at length on the steps seeking Sonia`s intervention to make Siddaramaiah "work in unison" with the organisation.
Gowda also alleged the government was indulging in doublespeak. "The Chief Minister says he has information of terrorists sneaking into the city to carry out terror attacks and the home minister K J George negates the reports. There is confusion in the government and it is indulging in doublespeak," he said.
He also accused the Siddaramaiah government of indulging in political vendetta by reversing decisions taken by the previous BJP government.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'