Process of power transfer within Cong has begun: Karnataka BJP
Bangalore: Discontent is brewing in the ruling Congress in Karnataka against Chief Minister Siddaramaiah`s style of functioning, the state BJP claimed on Monday.
Several Congress leaders had expressed concern on the issue and attempts for "transfer of power" had begun, Opposition leader in the Legislative Council D V Sadananda Gowda told reporters here, raising doubts about the Chief Minister`s continuance.
"Recently several senior Congress leaders, including Rajashekharan (former union minister), Ramesh Kumar (former Assembly Speaker) and Motamma (former CWC member) have expressed their concern over the style of functioning of Siddaramaiah," Gowda, a former chief minister said.
Rajasekharan, special invitee to the Congress Working Committee and MLC, had shot off a letter to party president Sonia Gandhi asking her to set up a coordination committee under the chairmanship of a senior party leader to "provide orientation and guidance" to the Siddaramaiah government to follow "the party style and culture of governance".
Rajashekharan has dwelt at length on the steps seeking Sonia`s intervention to make Siddaramaiah "work in unison" with the organisation.
Gowda also alleged the government was indulging in doublespeak. "The Chief Minister says he has information of terrorists sneaking into the city to carry out terror attacks and the home minister K J George negates the reports. There is confusion in the government and it is indulging in doublespeak," he said.
He also accused the Siddaramaiah government of indulging in political vendetta by reversing decisions taken by the previous BJP government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital