Process of power transfer within Cong has begun: Karnataka BJP
Bangalore: Discontent is brewing in the ruling Congress in Karnataka against Chief Minister Siddaramaiah`s style of functioning, the state BJP claimed on Monday.
Several Congress leaders had expressed concern on the issue and attempts for "transfer of power" had begun, Opposition leader in the Legislative Council D V Sadananda Gowda told reporters here, raising doubts about the Chief Minister`s continuance.
"Recently several senior Congress leaders, including Rajashekharan (former union minister), Ramesh Kumar (former Assembly Speaker) and Motamma (former CWC member) have expressed their concern over the style of functioning of Siddaramaiah," Gowda, a former chief minister said.
Rajasekharan, special invitee to the Congress Working Committee and MLC, had shot off a letter to party president Sonia Gandhi asking her to set up a coordination committee under the chairmanship of a senior party leader to "provide orientation and guidance" to the Siddaramaiah government to follow "the party style and culture of governance".
Rajashekharan has dwelt at length on the steps seeking Sonia`s intervention to make Siddaramaiah "work in unison" with the organisation.
Gowda also alleged the government was indulging in doublespeak. "The Chief Minister says he has information of terrorists sneaking into the city to carry out terror attacks and the home minister K J George negates the reports. There is confusion in the government and it is indulging in doublespeak," he said.
He also accused the Siddaramaiah government of indulging in political vendetta by reversing decisions taken by the previous BJP government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note