Prosecution in complaint against CM postponed, inquiry ordered
Bangalore: A local court on Thursday postponed
prosecution in a complaint filed against Karnataka Chief
Minister B S Yeddyurappa and his family members for alleged
involvement in illegal mining and land scams and ordered
Lokyukta Police to probe the matter.
When the first complaint out of the five filed by
city-based advocates came up for orders before Additional
Civil and Sessions court judge C B Hipparagi, he postponed the
prosecution and referred the matter to Superintendent of
Police, Lokayukta, Bangalore.
Further granting six weeks time to SP Lokyukta to complete
his inquiry and submit the final report to the court on the
first complaint, the Special Court adjourned to May 4, 2011,
recording of the sworn statements in connection with the
remaining four complaints.
Advocates Sirajin Basha and K N Balaraj have filed
complaints against Yeddyurappa and his family members for
their alleged involvement in the land and illegal mining
The advocates in the first complaint leveled three charges
against the accused. The first pertains to denotification of
agriculture land in Arkavathy Layout and its sale to
Yeddyurappa`s son B Y Vijayendra and his son-in-law Sohan
Kumar who in turn sold it to a private mining firm making an
"unlawful gain" of Rs 19.6 crore.
The second allegation is "illegal sale" of another piece of
land in the same layout to a private company, Dhavalagiri
developers of which Yeddyurappa`s two sons and son-in-law are
the directors, for Rs 60 lakh as against the market value of
the land which was Rs 8 crore.
The third charge is "illegal amalgamation" of road land
and ten sites in Akravathy Layout by Yeddyurappa on an
application filed by one Akkamma and others who never owned
any of these sites and the sole purpose being appropriating
the property for themselves.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre