Prosecution in complaint against CM postponed, inquiry ordered
Bangalore: A local court on Thursday postponed
prosecution in a complaint filed against Karnataka Chief
Minister B S Yeddyurappa and his family members for alleged
involvement in illegal mining and land scams and ordered
Lokyukta Police to probe the matter.
When the first complaint out of the five filed by
city-based advocates came up for orders before Additional
Civil and Sessions court judge C B Hipparagi, he postponed the
prosecution and referred the matter to Superintendent of
Police, Lokayukta, Bangalore.
Further granting six weeks time to SP Lokyukta to complete
his inquiry and submit the final report to the court on the
first complaint, the Special Court adjourned to May 4, 2011,
recording of the sworn statements in connection with the
remaining four complaints.
Advocates Sirajin Basha and K N Balaraj have filed
complaints against Yeddyurappa and his family members for
their alleged involvement in the land and illegal mining
The advocates in the first complaint leveled three charges
against the accused. The first pertains to denotification of
agriculture land in Arkavathy Layout and its sale to
Yeddyurappa`s son B Y Vijayendra and his son-in-law Sohan
Kumar who in turn sold it to a private mining firm making an
"unlawful gain" of Rs 19.6 crore.
The second allegation is "illegal sale" of another piece of
land in the same layout to a private company, Dhavalagiri
developers of which Yeddyurappa`s two sons and son-in-law are
the directors, for Rs 60 lakh as against the market value of
the land which was Rs 8 crore.
The third charge is "illegal amalgamation" of road land
and ten sites in Akravathy Layout by Yeddyurappa on an
application filed by one Akkamma and others who never owned
any of these sites and the sole purpose being appropriating
the property for themselves.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!