Protest held in Karnataka to demand justice for gang-rape victim
Bangalore: Amid national outrage, a large number of protesters gathered at the Town Hall on Friday evening to demand justice for the young student who was gang-raped in Delhi.
The candle light march, which was an initiative undertaken by Women`s Rights Forum `Vimochana,` also saw men participating in the protest.
At the same venue, NGO Women`s Voice burnt an effigy of the rapists and demanded action against the accused.
Noted advocate and a vocal women`s rights activist Pramila Nesargi said the rapists should be dealt with sternly and given capital punishment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt