Protest held in Karnataka to demand justice for gang-rape victim
Bangalore: Amid national outrage, a large number of protesters gathered at the Town Hall on Friday evening to demand justice for the young student who was gang-raped in Delhi.
The candle light march, which was an initiative undertaken by Women`s Rights Forum `Vimochana,` also saw men participating in the protest.
At the same venue, NGO Women`s Voice burnt an effigy of the rapists and demanded action against the accused.
Noted advocate and a vocal women`s rights activist Pramila Nesargi said the rapists should be dealt with sternly and given capital punishment.
- VVIP chopper scam: RSS mouthpiece dares Congress to reveal who's 'Signora Gandhi' mentioned in Italian court
- EPL: Anthony Martial strikes as Manchester United make Leicester City wait for title
- PM Modi visits Varanasi, launches 'e-boats' at Assi Ghat: In Pics
- Minor who shot himself while taking 'selfie' dies
- Depressed oldies can be at dementia risk