Protest held in Karnataka to demand justice for gang-rape victim
Bangalore: Amid national outrage, a large number of protesters gathered at the Town Hall on Friday evening to demand justice for the young student who was gang-raped in Delhi.
The candle light march, which was an initiative undertaken by Women`s Rights Forum `Vimochana,` also saw men participating in the protest.
At the same venue, NGO Women`s Voice burnt an effigy of the rapists and demanded action against the accused.
Noted advocate and a vocal women`s rights activist Pramila Nesargi said the rapists should be dealt with sternly and given capital punishment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead