Protest held in Karnataka to demand justice for gang-rape victim
Bangalore: Amid national outrage, a large number of protesters gathered at the Town Hall on Friday evening to demand justice for the young student who was gang-raped in Delhi.
The candle light march, which was an initiative undertaken by Women`s Rights Forum `Vimochana,` also saw men participating in the protest.
At the same venue, NGO Women`s Voice burnt an effigy of the rapists and demanded action against the accused.
Noted advocate and a vocal women`s rights activist Pramila Nesargi said the rapists should be dealt with sternly and given capital punishment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Euro 2016: Wayne Rooney and Roy Hodgson seek more ruthless from England against Iceland
- Gunman, who opened fire at German cinema complex before being shot dead, acted alone
- 'NSG applications of Pakistan, India should be considered together'
- Jung, Meena will be summoned over Sheila govt 'scams': Dy Speaker
- CBI files fresh chargesheet against two in Vyapam cases