Psychopath is a tough nut to crack: Police
Bangalore: Psychopath killer Jaishankar, who was nabbed on Friday after a five-day manhunt, was sent to police custody on Saturday by the district magistrate.
Police, after producing him before the magistrate, sought his custody saying they needed to interrogate him to unearth the truth behind his daring escape from the high security Parappana Agrahara jail.
According to police sources, Jaishankar has been stitching tales about the involvement of jail staff and about the practice of receiving bribes in Parappana Agrahara jail. Sources said Jaishankar was giving a tough time to police by pretending to be unconscious and seriously ill.
Jaishankar, reportedly, said he had managed to get the keys by bribing the jail wardens initially, but changed his version later saying he managed to smuggle it inside the jail.
In another version, he is said to have told investigating officers that he had got hold of the keys while being taken to Tumkur for a court hearing.
A senior police officer said they were confident of getting the truth out of Jaishankar. “Our officers can break him in few days. He will have to come out with the true story, which will be verified and cross-checked by police again,” he explained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- 7th Pay Commission: Implementation soon! Cabinet to decide on final report tomorrow
- PM Narendra Modi pays tribute to Narasimha Rao on his 95th birth anniversary
- Wanted gangster Kumar Pillai, held in Singapore, extradited to Mumbai
- Sensex shrugs off Brexit fears, climbs 82 points
- Yazidi victim demands genocide trial for Islamic State leaders