Pubs in Bangalore to function till 2 am
Bangalore: Tipplers might soon get to enjoy
their drinks in pubs and bars here till 2 am with Karnataka
Government favouring extension of the business hours.
Excise Minister B Renukacharya today indicated the
government might concede the demand of pub and bar owners here
to extend the business hours till 2 am from the present 11.30
"The Chief Minister (B S Yeddyurappa) has been
briefed on the issue and a decision is likely to be taken
soon," he told reporters here.
It is a long-pending demand of the pub and bar owners, who
argue that curtailing night life in Bangalore, an aspiring
global city, does not send right signals for the international
promotion of the IT hub.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- 'Madaari' grosses Rs 4.45 crore worldwide on opening day
- One jawan martyred as Army foils infiltration bid in Kupwara, curfew lifted from parts of Valley
- 'Casino Royale' actress Caterina Murino was sleepless over rape cases in India
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' beats Salman Khan's 'Sultan', crosses Rs 40 cr mark on opening day!
- India-Bangladesh border will be secured, says Assam CM Sonowal