Pubs in Bangalore to function till 2 am
Bangalore: Tipplers might soon get to enjoy
their drinks in pubs and bars here till 2 am with Karnataka
Government favouring extension of the business hours.
Excise Minister B Renukacharya today indicated the
government might concede the demand of pub and bar owners here
to extend the business hours till 2 am from the present 11.30
"The Chief Minister (B S Yeddyurappa) has been
briefed on the issue and a decision is likely to be taken
soon," he told reporters here.
It is a long-pending demand of the pub and bar owners, who
argue that curtailing night life in Bangalore, an aspiring
global city, does not send right signals for the international
promotion of the IT hub.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss