Pubs in Bangalore to function till 2 am
Bangalore: Tipplers might soon get to enjoy
their drinks in pubs and bars here till 2 am with Karnataka
Government favouring extension of the business hours.
Excise Minister B Renukacharya today indicated the
government might concede the demand of pub and bar owners here
to extend the business hours till 2 am from the present 11.30
"The Chief Minister (B S Yeddyurappa) has been
briefed on the issue and a decision is likely to be taken
soon," he told reporters here.
It is a long-pending demand of the pub and bar owners, who
argue that curtailing night life in Bangalore, an aspiring
global city, does not send right signals for the international
promotion of the IT hub.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees