Pubs in Bangalore to function till 2 am
Bangalore: Tipplers might soon get to enjoy
their drinks in pubs and bars here till 2 am with Karnataka
Government favouring extension of the business hours.
Excise Minister B Renukacharya today indicated the
government might concede the demand of pub and bar owners here
to extend the business hours till 2 am from the present 11.30
"The Chief Minister (B S Yeddyurappa) has been
briefed on the issue and a decision is likely to be taken
soon," he told reporters here.
It is a long-pending demand of the pub and bar owners, who
argue that curtailing night life in Bangalore, an aspiring
global city, does not send right signals for the international
promotion of the IT hub.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand