Pubs in Bangalore to function till 2 am
Bangalore: Tipplers might soon get to enjoy
their drinks in pubs and bars here till 2 am with Karnataka
Government favouring extension of the business hours.
Excise Minister B Renukacharya today indicated the
government might concede the demand of pub and bar owners here
to extend the business hours till 2 am from the present 11.30
"The Chief Minister (B S Yeddyurappa) has been
briefed on the issue and a decision is likely to be taken
soon," he told reporters here.
It is a long-pending demand of the pub and bar owners, who
argue that curtailing night life in Bangalore, an aspiring
global city, does not send right signals for the international
promotion of the IT hub.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet