Puttaswamy term CM`s action as ‘unethical’
Belgaum: Sacked Karnataka minister BJ Puttaswamy, a staunch loyalist of former BJP leader B S Yeddyurappa, on Saturday said the decision to drop him from the cabinet was "unethical and undemocratic".
Puttaswamy told reporters here that he wasn`t upset over Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar`s "discourteousness" for sacking him without seeking his resignation in the first place.
"It is unethical and undemocratic. If he (Shettar) would have asked me to resign, I would have done so willingly. I have done good work as a minister by bringing reforms in the cooperative department," Puttaswamy said.
Puttaswamy said he was happy that BJP has acknowledged him as Yeddyurappa loyalist.
"Yeddyurappa is my leader. I will always remain loyal to him. I am a free bird now and I am going to Haveri to attend KJP bash," he said.
Puttaswamy said this was not the way to treat a backward class leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister