Quit as MP till you clear name, Congress tells Ananth Kumar
Bangalore: The Congress in Karnataka Monday
sought the resignation of senior BJP leader H N Ananth Kumar
from Lok Sabha "till he cleared his name of his alleged links
with corporate lobbyist Niira Radia".
Karnataka Pradesh Congress Committee spokesman G C
Chandrashekhar said though there were report of his alleged
links with Radia when he was Civil Aviation Minister, Ananth
Kumar is not giving an explanation openly.
"As one who is from Karnataka and an MP from Bangalore,
it`s important that he gives information to the people of the
State", he said.
Chandrashekhar alleged that when Ananth Kumar was the
Union Civil Aviation Minister, Radia got a nod from the
Foreign Investment Promotion Board to start an airline with a
share capital of Rs one lakh, while the norm at the time was
that it should be Rs 30 crore.
"For her success in getting this nod, was there a hand of
Ananth Kumar? Why is he not giving an open explanation to the
people?", he asked.
Chandrashekhar said there were also allegations that
Ananth Kumar shared Cabinet decisions with Radia. "Is it not
"Till he is cleared of this issue, it`s better he quits
as member of Lok Sabha", he said.
Meanwhile, the Congress has sought to mock at Chief
Minister B S Yeddyurappa for "conflicting statements" and said
it`s better for him to take rest as he appears to be
Chandrashekhar said Yeddyurappa keeps saying that he works
for 18 hours a day. The Chief Minister talks of keenness to
shift to national politics but on other occasions, maintains
that he would ensure that BJP won 150 seats in the next
Assembly elections and that "he will be Chief Minister for 20
years". Recently, in Shikaripura, his constituency, he also
said he would not step into the area if people did not vote
for his party.
"Chief Minister should speak in a responsible manner.
These statements have created confusion among the people. He
should take rest because he is very much strained",
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes