RAF, KSRP commandos to be deployed in Bellary
Bellary: Rapid Action Force personnel and
Karnataka State Reserve Police commandos would be deployed in
this city tomorrow to meet any eventuality during the
culmination of the 16-day Congress rally here, police said.
"Six batallions of RAF and one batallion of KSRP commandos
will assist the 5,500 strong security personnel drafted for
security cover," ADGP (Law and Order) A R Infant, who is
monitoring security, told reporters here.
He said a bomb disposal squad has been kept at the
disposal of security wing.
The Congress will wind up its padayatra with a rally here
tomorrow to press for a CBI probe into illegal mining and
export of iron ore, besides protesting against the `failures`
of the BJP government.
Tourism Minister G Janardhana Reddy, his brother and
Revenue Minister G Karunakara Reddy and Health Minister B
Sreeramulu, who has come under attack from the opposition for
their alleged involvement in illegal mining, have chosen to
stay away from Bellary tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery