RAF, KSRP commandos to be deployed in Bellary
Bellary: Rapid Action Force personnel and
Karnataka State Reserve Police commandos would be deployed in
this city tomorrow to meet any eventuality during the
culmination of the 16-day Congress rally here, police said.
"Six batallions of RAF and one batallion of KSRP commandos
will assist the 5,500 strong security personnel drafted for
security cover," ADGP (Law and Order) A R Infant, who is
monitoring security, told reporters here.
He said a bomb disposal squad has been kept at the
disposal of security wing.
The Congress will wind up its padayatra with a rally here
tomorrow to press for a CBI probe into illegal mining and
export of iron ore, besides protesting against the `failures`
of the BJP government.
Tourism Minister G Janardhana Reddy, his brother and
Revenue Minister G Karunakara Reddy and Health Minister B
Sreeramulu, who has come under attack from the opposition for
their alleged involvement in illegal mining, have chosen to
stay away from Bellary tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog