Railway Minister`s brother is Station Master
Udupi: DV Suresh Gowda, a railway station master in Karnataka, is the younger sibling of Railway Minister DV Sadananda Gowda and he wants his brother to improve railway system in the State, especially Dakshina Kannada region.
Suresh Gowda, station master of Nandikoor near Mangalore, said he does not expect anything from his brother for himself.
"I don`t expect anything from my brother. Nor does he like me asking for any favours. When he was the Chief Minister, MP and MLA, I did not ask anything from him. I just want him to improve the railway system across the State, especially Dakshin Kannada region," he told PTI here.
Suresh Gowda said he was expecting a Cabinet berth for his brother in the Narendra Modi cabinet, but didn`t expect to get a good portfolio like the Railways.
"My brother told me he is getting into Modi`s Cabinet, but did not tell me which portfolio he will get," Suresh Gowda said.
He was appointed assistant station master of Hubli in 1985 after passing the Railway Recruitment Board Examination.
"I got through the Railway Recruitment Board examinations and thus joined the railways," he said.
He assumed charge at Nandikoor station after deputation to Konkan Railways in 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Mobile communication partially restored in Kashmir Valley
- Madhavan delighted with 'Saala Khadoos' being lauded in Canada
- Ranveer Singh's 6-pack abs will give you serious fitness goals! Watch video
- Rio Olympics 2016: Neymar defends his party boy lifestyle
- Mayawati raises assault on Muslim women by vigilantes in Madhya Pradesh