Railway officials arrested for leaking exam question papers
New Delhi: A chief vigilance inspector of south western railway and 14 other people were arrested in Bangalore for leaking the question papers for a recruitment exam for the railways, the CBI said Sunday.
The inspector and the other people were arrested for leaking of question papers and answer keys for the recruitment of assistant loco pilot, telecommunication Grade III and technicians Grade III from various places in the Karnataka capital, said a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) official here.
An advocate who acted as middleman in the scam was also nabbed, the official said.
A case under the relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code and the Prevention of Corruption Act was registered against them.
Some cash and other incriminating documents were also recovered.
The CBI said searches were conducted at the premises of the accused and other locations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!