Railway officials arrested for leaking exam question papers
New Delhi: A chief vigilance inspector of south western railway and 14 other people were arrested in Bangalore for leaking the question papers for a recruitment exam for the railways, the CBI said Sunday.
The inspector and the other people were arrested for leaking of question papers and answer keys for the recruitment of assistant loco pilot, telecommunication Grade III and technicians Grade III from various places in the Karnataka capital, said a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) official here.
An advocate who acted as middleman in the scam was also nabbed, the official said.
A case under the relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code and the Prevention of Corruption Act was registered against them.
Some cash and other incriminating documents were also recovered.
The CBI said searches were conducted at the premises of the accused and other locations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'