Railway officials arrested for leaking exam question papers
New Delhi: A chief vigilance inspector of south western railway and 14 other people were arrested in Bangalore for leaking the question papers for a recruitment exam for the railways, the CBI said Sunday.
The inspector and the other people were arrested for leaking of question papers and answer keys for the recruitment of assistant loco pilot, telecommunication Grade III and technicians Grade III from various places in the Karnataka capital, said a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) official here.
An advocate who acted as middleman in the scam was also nabbed, the official said.
A case under the relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code and the Prevention of Corruption Act was registered against them.
Some cash and other incriminating documents were also recovered.
The CBI said searches were conducted at the premises of the accused and other locations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister