Railway officials arrested for leaking exam question papers
New Delhi: A chief vigilance inspector of south western railway and 14 other people were arrested in Bangalore for leaking the question papers for a recruitment exam for the railways, the CBI said Sunday.
The inspector and the other people were arrested for leaking of question papers and answer keys for the recruitment of assistant loco pilot, telecommunication Grade III and technicians Grade III from various places in the Karnataka capital, said a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) official here.
An advocate who acted as middleman in the scam was also nabbed, the official said.
A case under the relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code and the Prevention of Corruption Act was registered against them.
Some cash and other incriminating documents were also recovered.
The CBI said searches were conducted at the premises of the accused and other locations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani