Railway officials arrested for leaking exam question papers
New Delhi: A chief vigilance inspector of south western railway and 14 other people were arrested in Bangalore for leaking the question papers for a recruitment exam for the railways, the CBI said Sunday.
The inspector and the other people were arrested for leaking of question papers and answer keys for the recruitment of assistant loco pilot, telecommunication Grade III and technicians Grade III from various places in the Karnataka capital, said a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) official here.
An advocate who acted as middleman in the scam was also nabbed, the official said.
A case under the relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code and the Prevention of Corruption Act was registered against them.
Some cash and other incriminating documents were also recovered.
The CBI said searches were conducted at the premises of the accused and other locations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says