Raj Bhavan delivers sanction order to CM`s office
Bangalore: A day after sanctioning
prosecution of Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa in
alleged land scams, Governor HR Bhardwaj`s order on the issue
was delivered Saturday morning to the Chief Minister`s office.
Yeddyurappa`s January 21 letter to Bhardwaj asking for
a copy of the sanction order was received by Raj Bhavan at 11.00
pm, a communique said.
An eight-member ministerial team had this morning
staged a march to Raj Bhavan demanding that the Governor
provide them a copy of the order according sanction for
The Chief Minister had yesterday charged that the
Governor had declined to furnish him a copy of the sanction
Irked by the announcement on prosecution even before a
copy of the order was given to him, Yeddyurappa had shot off a
letter to Bhardwaj taking exception to his conduct.
"It is very unfortunate that being a constitutional
head of the state, a copy of the order passed by you was not
handed over to me and the information of such an order was
divulged to the press," Yeddyurappa had said in his letter
"I have neither received the copy of the complaint
petition, nor an opportunity to explain my point of view."
According to sources, angered over the denial,
Yeddyurappa had planned to stage a dharna in front of the Raj
Bhavan. However, later he dropped the plan and decided to write
a protest letter to the Governor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Triple treat for Shah Rukh Khan fans in 2017 – Details inside
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song