Raj Bhavan delivers sanction order to CM`s office
Bangalore: A day after sanctioning
prosecution of Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa in
alleged land scams, Governor HR Bhardwaj`s order on the issue
was delivered Saturday morning to the Chief Minister`s office.
Yeddyurappa`s January 21 letter to Bhardwaj asking for
a copy of the sanction order was received by Raj Bhavan at 11.00
pm, a communique said.
An eight-member ministerial team had this morning
staged a march to Raj Bhavan demanding that the Governor
provide them a copy of the order according sanction for
The Chief Minister had yesterday charged that the
Governor had declined to furnish him a copy of the sanction
Irked by the announcement on prosecution even before a
copy of the order was given to him, Yeddyurappa had shot off a
letter to Bhardwaj taking exception to his conduct.
"It is very unfortunate that being a constitutional
head of the state, a copy of the order passed by you was not
handed over to me and the information of such an order was
divulged to the press," Yeddyurappa had said in his letter
"I have neither received the copy of the complaint
petition, nor an opportunity to explain my point of view."
According to sources, angered over the denial,
Yeddyurappa had planned to stage a dharna in front of the Raj
Bhavan. However, later he dropped the plan and decided to write
a protest letter to the Governor.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata