Raj Bhavan delivers sanction order to CM`s office
Bangalore: A day after sanctioning
prosecution of Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa in
alleged land scams, Governor HR Bhardwaj`s order on the issue
was delivered Saturday morning to the Chief Minister`s office.
Yeddyurappa`s January 21 letter to Bhardwaj asking for
a copy of the sanction order was received by Raj Bhavan at 11.00
pm, a communique said.
An eight-member ministerial team had this morning
staged a march to Raj Bhavan demanding that the Governor
provide them a copy of the order according sanction for
The Chief Minister had yesterday charged that the
Governor had declined to furnish him a copy of the sanction
Irked by the announcement on prosecution even before a
copy of the order was given to him, Yeddyurappa had shot off a
letter to Bhardwaj taking exception to his conduct.
"It is very unfortunate that being a constitutional
head of the state, a copy of the order passed by you was not
handed over to me and the information of such an order was
divulged to the press," Yeddyurappa had said in his letter
"I have neither received the copy of the complaint
petition, nor an opportunity to explain my point of view."
According to sources, angered over the denial,
Yeddyurappa had planned to stage a dharna in front of the Raj
Bhavan. However, later he dropped the plan and decided to write
a protest letter to the Governor.
- Republican presidential race: Donald Trump hits out at Hillary Clinton and Ted Cruz ahead of Indiana primary
- Imran Khan demands ‘jail’ for Nawaz; reiterates Pak PM’s resignation over Panama Papers – Video inside
- Breathtaking dance steps performed by sibling goes viral – Watch video to believe it!
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels