Rajnath, Advani to campaign for Karnatka Assembly elections
Bangalore: BJP president Rajnath Singh and LK Advani are among the key party leaders who will be campaigning for the May 5 Karnataka Assembly elections.
"Our national leaders LK Advani, Rajnath Singh, Arun Jaitley and Sushma Swaraj will be descending in the city for poll campaign by attending Sankalpa Convention on April 8," state party spokesman CT Ravi told reporters here.
BJP`s Central Election Committee will announce the list of its candidates in the first week of April, he said.
The party is consulting important office-bearers of all the districts to recommend only one name from each constituency to avoid confusion, he said.
Ravi said Congress was delaying announcement of its list because there is rift in the party over candidate selection. "Some leaders are acting as human bombs, who are out to destroy the chances of the Congress, if the tickets are not given to them or their supporters," he claimed.
Replying to a question, Ravi denied any confusion in BJP in finalising the names of candidates, saying internal democracy exists in the party.
Ravi also said the party would take appropriate action against Karnataka Janata Paksha President BS Yeddyurappa`s son and Lok Sabha member BY Raghavendra for anti-party activity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof