Rajnath, Advani to campaign for Karnatka Assembly elections
Bangalore: BJP president Rajnath Singh and LK Advani are among the key party leaders who will be campaigning for the May 5 Karnataka Assembly elections.
"Our national leaders LK Advani, Rajnath Singh, Arun Jaitley and Sushma Swaraj will be descending in the city for poll campaign by attending Sankalpa Convention on April 8," state party spokesman CT Ravi told reporters here.
BJP`s Central Election Committee will announce the list of its candidates in the first week of April, he said.
The party is consulting important office-bearers of all the districts to recommend only one name from each constituency to avoid confusion, he said.
Ravi said Congress was delaying announcement of its list because there is rift in the party over candidate selection. "Some leaders are acting as human bombs, who are out to destroy the chances of the Congress, if the tickets are not given to them or their supporters," he claimed.
Replying to a question, Ravi denied any confusion in BJP in finalising the names of candidates, saying internal democracy exists in the party.
Ravi also said the party would take appropriate action against Karnataka Janata Paksha President BS Yeddyurappa`s son and Lok Sabha member BY Raghavendra for anti-party activity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren