‘Rajnath Singh`s no vacancy remark unwarranted’
Bangalore: Joining issue with senior party leader Rajnath Singh over his "no vacancy" comment, beleaguered BJP Karnataka strongman BS Yeddyurappa on Monday said his comments were "unwarranted" and maintained that he had never clamoured for any party position.
"I have never clamoured for any party position or chief minister`s post.. The comments are unwarranted," Yeddyurappa told reporters here.
The former chief minister, who recently pushed the party government in the state to a crisis threatening its survival, said he would soon write to Singh expressing his displeasure over the remarks.
Hinting that there would be no change of leadership in BJP in Karnataka as was being demanded by supporters of Yeddyurappa, Singh had said there was `no vacancy` there.
"Where is the vacancy? DV Sadananda Gowda is our chief minister in Karnataka," Singh told reporters at Ranchi yesterday in response to a query whether there would be a leadership change in Karnataka.
On BJP state president KS Eshwarappa reportedly praising him for being unruffled amid a spate of corruption cases and a CBI probe, Yeddyurappa said he didn`t need any sympathy from anybody. "These are not the words of sympathy, but insult," he said.
After triggering a crisis with nine ministers and several MLA loyal to him submitting their resignations, Yeddyurappa however, announced a few days ago that he had deferred his decision to quit the part.
Peeved over the party`s top brass sidelining him, Yeddyurappa had said he would not attend the BJP National Executive to be held in Mumbai from May 24, and launched a scathing attack on general secretary Anant Kumar, alleging that he was misguiding the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe