Rallies in support, against Bhardwaj in Karnataka on Tuesday
Bangalore: Karnataka will be hit on Tuesday due to rallies by supporters and detractors of Governor HR Bhardwaj following his recommendation for dismissal of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government in the state.
The BJP will organise demonstrations in all 30 districts of the state against Bhardwaj`s move and for his immediate recall, state party president KS Eshwarappa told reporters.
The Congress is also planning demonstrations at various places Tuesday in support of Bhardwaj`s action and will finalise its programme late Monday, a party spokesperson said.
Earlier in the day, state Congress president G Parameshwara had threatened that the party will take to the streets if the "corrupt" Yeddyurappa government was not dismissed immediately.
The Janata Dal-Secular (JD-S), the other opposition party in the state, has said it will "wait and watch" the developments as "it is a small party".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP