Rallies in support, against Bhardwaj in Karnataka on Tuesday
Bangalore: Karnataka will be hit on Tuesday due to rallies by supporters and detractors of Governor HR Bhardwaj following his recommendation for dismissal of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government in the state.
The BJP will organise demonstrations in all 30 districts of the state against Bhardwaj`s move and for his immediate recall, state party president KS Eshwarappa told reporters.
The Congress is also planning demonstrations at various places Tuesday in support of Bhardwaj`s action and will finalise its programme late Monday, a party spokesperson said.
Earlier in the day, state Congress president G Parameshwara had threatened that the party will take to the streets if the "corrupt" Yeddyurappa government was not dismissed immediately.
The Janata Dal-Secular (JD-S), the other opposition party in the state, has said it will "wait and watch" the developments as "it is a small party".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Stars set to spread Bollywood fever in Spain during IIFA
- Nirbhaya-like rape case jolts Bihar; pistol inserted in 21-year-old victim's private parts
- Bond girl Caterina Murino all set to take Bollywood by storm with Rajeev Khandelwal's 'Fever'!
- Punjab PMET results 2016 (bfuhs.ac.in) declared; Lovish Gupta of Faridkot tops PMET
- Twitter selling its NFL ad spots for over $50 million