Rallies in support, against Bhardwaj in Karnataka on Tuesday
Bangalore: Karnataka will be hit on Tuesday due to rallies by supporters and detractors of Governor HR Bhardwaj following his recommendation for dismissal of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government in the state.
The BJP will organise demonstrations in all 30 districts of the state against Bhardwaj`s move and for his immediate recall, state party president KS Eshwarappa told reporters.
The Congress is also planning demonstrations at various places Tuesday in support of Bhardwaj`s action and will finalise its programme late Monday, a party spokesperson said.
Earlier in the day, state Congress president G Parameshwara had threatened that the party will take to the streets if the "corrupt" Yeddyurappa government was not dismissed immediately.
The Janata Dal-Secular (JD-S), the other opposition party in the state, has said it will "wait and watch" the developments as "it is a small party".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video alert! Here's how Karan Singh Grover surprised Bipasha Basu on their wedding day
- Adele’s new song 'Send My Love' is so psychedelic that you'll break your replay button – Watch here
- PHOTO: Priceless reaction of David Warner's daughters when told they'll soon meet Daddy!
- IPL 9, Qualifier 1: Gujarat Lions vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - Preview
- IPL 2016: David Warner cannot stop praising Virat Kohli's unbelievable form in ninth edition