Rallies in support, against Bhardwaj in Karnataka on Tuesday
Bangalore: Karnataka will be hit on Tuesday due to rallies by supporters and detractors of Governor HR Bhardwaj following his recommendation for dismissal of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government in the state.
The BJP will organise demonstrations in all 30 districts of the state against Bhardwaj`s move and for his immediate recall, state party president KS Eshwarappa told reporters.
The Congress is also planning demonstrations at various places Tuesday in support of Bhardwaj`s action and will finalise its programme late Monday, a party spokesperson said.
Earlier in the day, state Congress president G Parameshwara had threatened that the party will take to the streets if the "corrupt" Yeddyurappa government was not dismissed immediately.
The Janata Dal-Secular (JD-S), the other opposition party in the state, has said it will "wait and watch" the developments as "it is a small party".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad