Rallies in support, against Bhardwaj in Karnataka on Tuesday
Bangalore: Karnataka will be hit on Tuesday due to rallies by supporters and detractors of Governor HR Bhardwaj following his recommendation for dismissal of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government in the state.
The BJP will organise demonstrations in all 30 districts of the state against Bhardwaj`s move and for his immediate recall, state party president KS Eshwarappa told reporters.
The Congress is also planning demonstrations at various places Tuesday in support of Bhardwaj`s action and will finalise its programme late Monday, a party spokesperson said.
Earlier in the day, state Congress president G Parameshwara had threatened that the party will take to the streets if the "corrupt" Yeddyurappa government was not dismissed immediately.
The Janata Dal-Secular (JD-S), the other opposition party in the state, has said it will "wait and watch" the developments as "it is a small party".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen