Ranjitha appears before Ramanagara court
Bangalore: Actress Ranjitha on Saturday
appeared before a court hearing her complaint against a former
disciple of self-styled godman Nityananda over a sleaze video
purportedly showing her with the controversial ascetic.
Ranjitha, in her complaint, had charged Lenin
Karuppan, who had claimed to have shot the video, with
criminal intimidation, attempted rape and criminal conspiracy
and had said that the footage was morphed.
She appeared before Judicial Magistrate First Class
(JMFC) Roopa in nearby Ramanagara and made a sworn declaration
in connection with her complaint filed on December 30.
Since the statement was not completed, the Judge
posted the case to February 19.
Ranjitha had also accused Lenin of attempted extortion
and acts intended to insult the modesty of women.
She had alleged that Lenin made sexual advances
towards her. When she threatened to complain against him to
Nityananda, he displayed on his laptop "a few poorly shot
videos of his molestation of two women Brahmacharis" and
warned that she would see her own image in such videos if she
dared to complain, Ranjitha had claimed.
The actress, who has starred only in Tamil films so
far, alleged that she was unable to stay in Nityananda`s
ashram `Dhyanapeetham` because of the sexual harassment and so
she had to return to Chennai.
On February 2 last, while she was in Kerala for a film
shoot, she was told by an ashram resident that an accomplice
of Lenin had shown him certain photographs in which Nityananda
was portrayed in a compromising position with her and sought
Rs 20 crore for not releasing them to the media, she said.
She had also alleged that the purported video was
"expertly-crafted to give no indication about its morphing."
Nityananda, who went into hiding in Himachal Pradesh,
after TV channels aired the sleaze video in March last year
was arrested later on various criminal charges, including
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Terrorists holed up inside building in J&K's Pulwama; 2 killed, encounter underway
- Mrinal Sen is 'absolutely fine'; family rubbishes death hoax
- Seven killed, 15 wounded in two separate road mishaps in Andhra's Prakasam
- PHOTOS: Yuvraj Singh, fiancée Hazel Keech spend quality time in London
- Nirbhaya rapist has links with jihadists; UP police advised to keep close watch