Ranjitha appears before Ramanagara court
Bangalore: Actress Ranjitha on Saturday
appeared before a court hearing her complaint against a former
disciple of self-styled godman Nityananda over a sleaze video
purportedly showing her with the controversial ascetic.
Ranjitha, in her complaint, had charged Lenin
Karuppan, who had claimed to have shot the video, with
criminal intimidation, attempted rape and criminal conspiracy
and had said that the footage was morphed.
She appeared before Judicial Magistrate First Class
(JMFC) Roopa in nearby Ramanagara and made a sworn declaration
in connection with her complaint filed on December 30.
Since the statement was not completed, the Judge
posted the case to February 19.
Ranjitha had also accused Lenin of attempted extortion
and acts intended to insult the modesty of women.
She had alleged that Lenin made sexual advances
towards her. When she threatened to complain against him to
Nityananda, he displayed on his laptop "a few poorly shot
videos of his molestation of two women Brahmacharis" and
warned that she would see her own image in such videos if she
dared to complain, Ranjitha had claimed.
The actress, who has starred only in Tamil films so
far, alleged that she was unable to stay in Nityananda`s
ashram `Dhyanapeetham` because of the sexual harassment and so
she had to return to Chennai.
On February 2 last, while she was in Kerala for a film
shoot, she was told by an ashram resident that an accomplice
of Lenin had shown him certain photographs in which Nityananda
was portrayed in a compromising position with her and sought
Rs 20 crore for not releasing them to the media, she said.
She had also alleged that the purported video was
"expertly-crafted to give no indication about its morphing."
Nityananda, who went into hiding in Himachal Pradesh,
after TV channels aired the sleaze video in March last year
was arrested later on various criminal charges, including
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues