Ready for no-confidence motion: K`taka CM
Belgaum: Amid reports that the Congress was planning to move a no-confidence motion following the exit of B S Yeddyurappa from BJP, Karnataka Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar on Wednesday said his government was ready for it and asserted that the ministry was stable.
"BJP government is ready to face no-confidence motion. The government is stable and will complete its full term," he told reporters before the start of winter session of the state assembly being held at the recently inaugurated Rs 400 crore Suvarna Vidhana Soudha here, the state`s second secretariat-cum-legislature complex.
Congress leaders have been mulling moving no-confidence motion against the BJP government as it is facing a political storm with former BJP state strongman Yeddyurappa quitting the party to float his new outfit, Karnataka Janata Party at Haveri on December 9.
The four-and-half-month old Shettar government, however, seems to face no immediate threat to its survival as Yeddyurappa has asked ministers and MLAs supporting him not to resign, saying he would allow the ministry to complete its full term. Assembly polls are due in May next.
Replying to a query, Shettar said it was painful that Yeddyurappa had left the BJP but maintained it has not resulted in any confusion in the party.
Deputy Chief Minister and State BJP President K S Eshwarappa said Yeddyurappa has left the BJP, but most of the party legislators are supporting the Shetter-led government.
He, however, warned BJP legislators of strict action, if they attended Yeddyurappa`s rally at Haveri.
PWD Minister C M Udasi said Yeddyurappa has not invited him for the Haveri rally and hence he would not speak about it.
On Maharashtra Ekikaran Samiti holding "Maha Melava" in protest against the winter session being held in Belgaum, Deputy Chief Minister and Home Minister R Ashok said the pro-Maharashtra outfit had all the right to protest,but police are geared up to maintain law and order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Work on 'Padmavati' sets in full swing, shoot begins in September
- Japan, China, South Korea agree to urge North Korea to stop provocation
- Venus-Jupiter conjunction on August 27: Viewing tips! (Watch)
- Staying at budget hotels in Delhi to soon become cheaper
- Sonakshi Sinha looks dayum fresh after 'Akira' promotions! Picture proof