Ready to act if there is constitutional crisis: Bhardwaj
Bangalore: Against the backdrop of two BJP ministers resigning and eleven more MLAs deciding to quit their assembly membership, Karnataka Governor H R Bhardwaj today said he was ready to act if there is a constitutional crisis in the state.
"If there is a constitutional crisis in the state, I am ready to act," he told reporters at a function here.
Bhardwaj, however, said he would not like to disturb the Jagadish Shettar government.
He said he had spoken to Shettar yesterday and the chief minister said there was nothing wrong with his government.
The governor said Shettar has assured him of running the system properly and promised to reduce crime and corruption. "That is the responsibility of the government," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred