Ready to act if there is constitutional crisis: Bhardwaj
Bangalore: Against the backdrop of two BJP ministers resigning and eleven more MLAs deciding to quit their assembly membership, Karnataka Governor H R Bhardwaj today said he was ready to act if there is a constitutional crisis in the state.
"If there is a constitutional crisis in the state, I am ready to act," he told reporters at a function here.
Bhardwaj, however, said he would not like to disturb the Jagadish Shettar government.
He said he had spoken to Shettar yesterday and the chief minister said there was nothing wrong with his government.
The governor said Shettar has assured him of running the system properly and promised to reduce crime and corruption. "That is the responsibility of the government," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy