Ready to act if there is constitutional crisis: Bhardwaj
Bangalore: Against the backdrop of two BJP ministers resigning and eleven more MLAs deciding to quit their assembly membership, Karnataka Governor H R Bhardwaj today said he was ready to act if there is a constitutional crisis in the state.
"If there is a constitutional crisis in the state, I am ready to act," he told reporters at a function here.
Bhardwaj, however, said he would not like to disturb the Jagadish Shettar government.
He said he had spoken to Shettar yesterday and the chief minister said there was nothing wrong with his government.
The governor said Shettar has assured him of running the system properly and promised to reduce crime and corruption. "That is the responsibility of the government," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch