Rebel leader Sreeramulu to float new party
Bellary: Rebel leader B Sreeramulu, a close
associate of jailed mining baron G Janardhana Reddy, on Monday announced plans to float a new political party in Karnataka,
three days after BJP suspended six of its elected
representatives including two MPs for anti-party activities.
"I will form a new political party in the state. Some of
the (BJP) legislators will join the new outfit. The outlines
of the new party will take concrete shape after Janardhana
Reddy comes out of jail," Sreeramulu said addressing a rally
at Cowl Bazar area on the last day of electioneering for the
November 30 bypoll to Bellary Rural seat.
Sreeramulu, who quit the saffron party and is seeking
re-election as an independent in the bye-election, brushed
aside state unit BJP president K S Eswarappa`s remarks that
the door of the party remained closed for the rebel leader.
"Let Eswarappa guard his party legislators from going to
other parties. Let him secure the doors of his own party,"
He claimed he had backing of several legislators in North
Karnataka region and also the support of the people.
Janardhana Reddy was arrested by CBI in connection with its
probe into illegal mining has been lodged in a Hyderabad jail
since August 5.
Sreeramulu also apologised to Opposition Congress leader
Siddaramaiah for his supporters disrupting an election rally
in Bellary on November 26.
The BJP on November 25 suspended two MPs -- J Shanta, Sanna
Fakirappa -- and four legislators, including three MLAs, who
defied the party directive and supported Sreeramulu in the
Sreeramulu, a trusted lieutenant of mining barons G
Janardhana Reddy and G Karunakara Reddy, quit Assembly
membership after he was denied a ministerial berth following
his indictment along with the Reddy brothers in the Lokayukta
report on illegal mining.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani