Recounting of votes in Bellary LS polls on Sept 15
Bellary: Recounting of votes polled in the Bellary Lok Sabha constituency in the April 2009 General Election would be taken up on September 15 as per the direction of Election Commission, a top official said on Wednesday.
Deputy Commissioner Amalan Aditya Biswas said in a statement that votes stored in EVMs in 1589 police stations in eight Assembly constituencies would be taken up for counting.
The Karnataka High Court had directed recounting on a petition alleging electoral malpractices filed by Chandragowda, the polling agent for Congress candidate N Y Hanumanthappa, who lost to BJP`s J Shantha by 2,243 votes.
Shantha had moved the Supreme Court, which upheld the High Court order. In its August 17 order, the Apex Court directed recounting of votes be taken up in four weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons