Reddy arrest politically motivated: BJP
Bangalore: BJP`s Karnataka unit on Wednesday termed
as politically motivated the arrest of former minister and
mining baron G Janardhana Reddy by CBI in connection with
illegal mining, as the agency had not probed allegations of
Congress leaders involved in it.
Speaking to reporters, state unit BJP Spokesperson Ayanur
Manjunath alleged Congress was unnecessarily probing Reddy`s
alleged involvement in illegal mining activities, despite
there being no mention of his name in the FIR.
He said Reddy`s arrest was politically motivated as CBI has
not conducted any probe into allegations of Congress leaders
alleged involvement in illegal mining.
"Why have they only targeted Reddy? Even Congress MLAs and
leaders also are involved in fleecing the country`s natural
resources, he said.
The meeting,which discussed strategies for the Sep 26 Koppal
bypoll and ways to strengthen the party, felt Reddy`s arrest
and former minister Sriramulu`s resignation of his assembly
membership would not have any impact on the bypoll result.
Manjunath said Sriramulu resigned as he was indicted by
former Lokayukta Justice Santosh Hegde in his report on
illegal mining. "He is not against BJP," he added.
People in Bellary and surrounding districts are aware that
Reddys and Sriramulu are not against BJP, Manjunath said.
Manjunath said Opposition Congress and JDS would not be able
to give a tough fight to BJP as they lacked strong leaders.
He attacked State JDS President H D Kumaraswamy for reporte
reportedly calling Chief Minister D V Sadananda Gowda a
coolie. "The Chief Minister is coolie for 6.5 crore people of
the state, but Kumaraswamy`s family had been working for their
own benefits. In a democracy a Chief Minister is a coolie
working for people`s betterment," he added.
BJP state President K S Eswarappa and former Chief Minister
Yeddyurappa also attended the meet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble