Reddy brothers not involved in illegal mining: BSY
Bangalore: Politicians from all parties are involved in illegal mining but that does not mean the Reddy brothers are also into it, Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa said Tuesday.
"Just because I said even our party members are involved in illegal mining, why do you have to point to the Reddy brothers? They are not involved in illegal mining," he told reporters here.
Yeddyurappa said Monday at a public meeting in Mandya, about 80 km from here, that members of all political parties were indulging in illegal mining in the state.
"That includes our party also," he said, expressing regret for not being able to prevent illegal mining in the state.
"Illegal mining has been taking place in Bellary, Chitradurga and Tumkur districts, which are rich in minerals. My government has banned iron ore exports. Some people upset by this even tried to destabilise my government," he said at the meeting.
Denying that he was referring to the Reddy brothers when he said "some people from our party are also involved in illegal mining", Yeddyurappa Tuesday declined to name the people from the BJP who were into this business.
The Reddy brothers, Tourism Minister G. Janardhana and his elder brother Revenue Minister G. Karunakara, are rich iron ore miners from Bellary in north Karnataka. They had almost brought down the Yeddyurappa ministry in October-November last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'