Reddy says BJP will not trouble Cong rally
Bellary: A day after getting a rap from RSS leaders who asked ministers and mining magnets Reddy brothers to mend their ways, Karnataka Tourism Minister G Janardhana
Reddy on Thursday said he would ensure a trouble free Congress rally against illegal mining here on August 9.
"I have directed officials to ensure that the rally encounters no trouble", Reddy told reporters in the wake of apprehensions expressed by Congress leaders that Reddy
brothers were expected to create problems during the rally.
He said about 4,000 police personnel would be on duty to maintain law and order during the rally, which Congress is holding as culmination of its ongoing 320-km padayatra
launched against illegal mining, apparently targeting Reddy brothers.
He appealed to BJP activists not to react to `provocative speeches` of Congress leaders.
Janardhana Reddy and Health Minister B Sreeramulu, also a mining magnet and close associate of the Reddy brothers, had on July nine dared the Congress leaders in the assembly to visit Bellary warning they would be taught a lesson.
Days after this, Congress launched the `Bellary chalo` padayatra. The counter padayatra undertaken by Sreeramulu and Janardhana Reddy and his brother Karunakara Reddy in Bellary has annoyed state BJP leadership including Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa.
RSS leaders had yesterday summoned Janardhana Reddy to its headquarters "Keshava Shilpa" and warned them against making provocative statements and blamed their behaviour for the present political situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional