Reddy says BJP will not trouble Cong rally
Bellary: A day after getting a rap from RSS leaders who asked ministers and mining magnets Reddy brothers to mend their ways, Karnataka Tourism Minister G Janardhana
Reddy on Thursday said he would ensure a trouble free Congress rally against illegal mining here on August 9.
"I have directed officials to ensure that the rally encounters no trouble", Reddy told reporters in the wake of apprehensions expressed by Congress leaders that Reddy
brothers were expected to create problems during the rally.
He said about 4,000 police personnel would be on duty to maintain law and order during the rally, which Congress is holding as culmination of its ongoing 320-km padayatra
launched against illegal mining, apparently targeting Reddy brothers.
He appealed to BJP activists not to react to `provocative speeches` of Congress leaders.
Janardhana Reddy and Health Minister B Sreeramulu, also a mining magnet and close associate of the Reddy brothers, had on July nine dared the Congress leaders in the assembly to visit Bellary warning they would be taught a lesson.
Days after this, Congress launched the `Bellary chalo` padayatra. The counter padayatra undertaken by Sreeramulu and Janardhana Reddy and his brother Karunakara Reddy in Bellary has annoyed state BJP leadership including Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa.
RSS leaders had yesterday summoned Janardhana Reddy to its headquarters "Keshava Shilpa" and warned them against making provocative statements and blamed their behaviour for the present political situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued