Reddy was ready to pay Rs 100 cr for bail
Hyderabad: G Dasarath Ram Reddy, the arrested relative of Gali Janardhan Reddy, has revealed that he was asked by the mining baron to secure bail for him “at any cost.
Dasarath Ram Reddy was arrested by the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) on charges of alleged involvement in the cash-for-bail scam, in which a CBI judge has been arrested for granting bail to Janardhan Reddy in return for cash.
Dasarath Ram Reddy said during interrogations that Janardhan Reddy had asked him to try and influence CBI judges.
The daughter of Dasarath Ram Reddy, a businessman, is married to Janardhan Reddy’s nephew.
Dasarath Reddy disclosed that he and Janardhan Reddy’s brother Somasekhar Reddy met lower court judge K Lakshmi Narasimha Rao through an acquaintance and were prepared to pay as much as Rs 100 crore to secure bail.
Lakshmi Narasimha Rao, Chief Judge of Small Causes Court, too has told ACB during interrogation that Janardhana Reddy’s relatives were ready to offer upto Rs 100 crore to secure bail for him.
The judge, now suspended, is in the judicial custody after being in ACB custody for some days.
"...Narasimha Rao voluntarily stated that Krishna Prasad, who is an auditor, and one Venkateswara Rao, relative of him, approached Narasimha Rao in the second week of April 2012 and said that Dasarath Reddy, a relative of Gali Janardhana Reddy, is known to him. He (Dasarath Reddy) had asked to search for a channel to influence the CBI judge for Reddy`s release on bail and for which Dasarath Reddy was ready to pay even Rs 100 crore," the remand application filed by ACB said.
ACB had arrested Narasimha Rao on July 12.
According to ACB, Pattabhirama Rao, the CBI court judge, granted bail to the former Karnataka minister, arrested in illegal mining case, last month after taking a bribe. Reddy`s bail was later cancelled by the High Court. ACB has arrested Pattabhirama Rao and also family court judge Prabhakar Rao.
"On hearing the said figure of amount, he (Lakshmi Narasimha Rao) was shocked and allured. He planned to convince Naga Maruti Sharma, the CBI judge who was dealing with Gali Janardhana Reddy`s case at the time," as per ACB. He called Naga Maruti Sharma on April 18 to his residence and tried to persuade him but Naga Maruti Sharma declined, the ACB application said.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth