Reddy was ready to pay Rs 100 cr for bail
Hyderabad: G Dasarath Ram Reddy, the arrested relative of Gali Janardhan Reddy, has revealed that he was asked by the mining baron to secure bail for him “at any cost.
Dasarath Ram Reddy was arrested by the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) on charges of alleged involvement in the cash-for-bail scam, in which a CBI judge has been arrested for granting bail to Janardhan Reddy in return for cash.
Dasarath Ram Reddy said during interrogations that Janardhan Reddy had asked him to try and influence CBI judges.
The daughter of Dasarath Ram Reddy, a businessman, is married to Janardhan Reddy’s nephew.
Dasarath Reddy disclosed that he and Janardhan Reddy’s brother Somasekhar Reddy met lower court judge K Lakshmi Narasimha Rao through an acquaintance and were prepared to pay as much as Rs 100 crore to secure bail.
Lakshmi Narasimha Rao, Chief Judge of Small Causes Court, too has told ACB during interrogation that Janardhana Reddy’s relatives were ready to offer upto Rs 100 crore to secure bail for him.
The judge, now suspended, is in the judicial custody after being in ACB custody for some days.
"...Narasimha Rao voluntarily stated that Krishna Prasad, who is an auditor, and one Venkateswara Rao, relative of him, approached Narasimha Rao in the second week of April 2012 and said that Dasarath Reddy, a relative of Gali Janardhana Reddy, is known to him. He (Dasarath Reddy) had asked to search for a channel to influence the CBI judge for Reddy`s release on bail and for which Dasarath Reddy was ready to pay even Rs 100 crore," the remand application filed by ACB said.
ACB had arrested Narasimha Rao on July 12.
According to ACB, Pattabhirama Rao, the CBI court judge, granted bail to the former Karnataka minister, arrested in illegal mining case, last month after taking a bribe. Reddy`s bail was later cancelled by the High Court. ACB has arrested Pattabhirama Rao and also family court judge Prabhakar Rao.
"On hearing the said figure of amount, he (Lakshmi Narasimha Rao) was shocked and allured. He planned to convince Naga Maruti Sharma, the CBI judge who was dealing with Gali Janardhana Reddy`s case at the time," as per ACB. He called Naga Maruti Sharma on April 18 to his residence and tried to persuade him but Naga Maruti Sharma declined, the ACB application said.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?