Reddy’s aides nabbed in iron ore export scam
Bellary: Two aides of former minister and mining baron G Janardhana Reddy were nabbed by CBI sleuths in connection with their alleged involvement in the iron ore export scam, CBI sources said.
The two associates, Murali (35) and Shrinivas Reddy (28), were arrested by a five-member CBI team, taking the total number of those arrested in this connection to eight.
The six accused in the case including Reddy are already in judicial custody. While five are lodged in Parappana Agrahara jail in Bangalore, Reddy is in Chanchalaguda jail in Hyderabad in connection with ongoing probe in Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC)case. The other accused include former government officials S Muthaiah, S P Raju and two others, Swastik Nagaraj and Karapudi Mahesh.
All the eight accused have been arrested in connection with the alleged scam relating to export of iron ore from Belekeri port in Uttara Kannada district being probed by CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak