Reddy’s aides nabbed in iron ore export scam
Bellary: Two aides of former minister and mining baron G Janardhana Reddy were nabbed by CBI sleuths in connection with their alleged involvement in the iron ore export scam, CBI sources said.
The two associates, Murali (35) and Shrinivas Reddy (28), were arrested by a five-member CBI team, taking the total number of those arrested in this connection to eight.
The six accused in the case including Reddy are already in judicial custody. While five are lodged in Parappana Agrahara jail in Bangalore, Reddy is in Chanchalaguda jail in Hyderabad in connection with ongoing probe in Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC)case. The other accused include former government officials S Muthaiah, S P Raju and two others, Swastik Nagaraj and Karapudi Mahesh.
All the eight accused have been arrested in connection with the alleged scam relating to export of iron ore from Belekeri port in Uttara Kannada district being probed by CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!