Reddy’s aides nabbed in iron ore export scam
Bellary: Two aides of former minister and mining baron G Janardhana Reddy were nabbed by CBI sleuths in connection with their alleged involvement in the iron ore export scam, CBI sources said.
The two associates, Murali (35) and Shrinivas Reddy (28), were arrested by a five-member CBI team, taking the total number of those arrested in this connection to eight.
The six accused in the case including Reddy are already in judicial custody. While five are lodged in Parappana Agrahara jail in Bangalore, Reddy is in Chanchalaguda jail in Hyderabad in connection with ongoing probe in Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC)case. The other accused include former government officials S Muthaiah, S P Raju and two others, Swastik Nagaraj and Karapudi Mahesh.
All the eight accused have been arrested in connection with the alleged scam relating to export of iron ore from Belekeri port in Uttara Kannada district being probed by CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- When Microsoft almost bought Yahoo for $45 billion!
- HC tells cops to act if offence made out against Owaisi
- After Kejriwal's dramatic video message, sacked AAP minister claims his life under threat from Delhi CM
- Ruthlessness and positive the key to success in bowling: Ishant Sharma
- Telangana: suspension of 11 lower court judges revoked