Reddy`s judicial custody extended till September 7
Bangalore: A CBI court today extended till September 7 the judicial custody of former minister and mining baron G Janardhana Reddy and four others arrested in the illegal mining case of Associated Mining Corporation owned by him.
Judge B M Angadi extended the custody after they were produced before the court through video conferencing from Parappana Agrahara jail where they are lodged.
Reddy`s wife Aruna Lakshmi, who is on bail, was present in the court.
Meanwhile, Reddy`s personal aide Mehfuz Ali Khan, who is also an accused in the case, filed an application seeking bail for a second time, along with a copy of the High Court order dated July 24.
Counsel for Mehfuz Ali Khan said Ramzan was fast approaching and his client has a five-month-old child. As per religious tenets, a child has to spend his first Ramzan along with his parents and therefore his client be granted bail, he submitted.
The court then posted his bail application to August 8 for the CBI to file its objections.
On July 24, the CBI Court had rejected bail applications of Deputy Conservator of Forest A C Muthaiah and S P Raju, accused in the case, on the ground that there was "sufficient material to show their active involvement in the illegal mining of AMC".
Reddy was arrested along with Khan in September 2011 by CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'