Reddys seek special class status in prison
Hyderabad: Mining baron and former Karnataka
minister Gali Janardhan Reddy and Obulapuram Mining Company
(OMC) Managing Director BV Srinivas Reddy, arrested in
connection with an alleged illegal mining case, on Monday moved
the special court seeking `special class prisoner status`.
The duo, arrested from Bellary in Karnataka by CBI, which
is probing alleged illegal mining and irregularities in
allotment of mining leases to OMC, have been remanded in
judicial custody and lodged as ordinary inmates at the
Chanchalguda central prison here.
The petition, filed before the special court for CBI
cases, has sought a direction to the jail authorities to
provide them special class facilities.
"An application seeking special class prisoner status
was filed in the court today as our clients, being an MLC
and former minister, are tax-payers," a senior counsel of the
The court has posted the matter to November 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok