Reddys seek special class status in prison
Hyderabad: Mining baron and former Karnataka
minister Gali Janardhan Reddy and Obulapuram Mining Company
(OMC) Managing Director BV Srinivas Reddy, arrested in
connection with an alleged illegal mining case, on Monday moved
the special court seeking `special class prisoner status`.
The duo, arrested from Bellary in Karnataka by CBI, which
is probing alleged illegal mining and irregularities in
allotment of mining leases to OMC, have been remanded in
judicial custody and lodged as ordinary inmates at the
Chanchalguda central prison here.
The petition, filed before the special court for CBI
cases, has sought a direction to the jail authorities to
provide them special class facilities.
"An application seeking special class prisoner status
was filed in the court today as our clients, being an MLC
and former minister, are tax-payers," a senior counsel of the
The court has posted the matter to November 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda