Reddys seek special class status in prison
Hyderabad: Mining baron and former Karnataka
minister Gali Janardhan Reddy and Obulapuram Mining Company
(OMC) Managing Director BV Srinivas Reddy, arrested in
connection with an alleged illegal mining case, on Monday moved
the special court seeking `special class prisoner status`.
The duo, arrested from Bellary in Karnataka by CBI, which
is probing alleged illegal mining and irregularities in
allotment of mining leases to OMC, have been remanded in
judicial custody and lodged as ordinary inmates at the
Chanchalguda central prison here.
The petition, filed before the special court for CBI
cases, has sought a direction to the jail authorities to
provide them special class facilities.
"An application seeking special class prisoner status
was filed in the court today as our clients, being an MLC
and former minister, are tax-payers," a senior counsel of the
The court has posted the matter to November 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak