Reddys to remain in jail as court extends remand
Hyderabad: A special CBI court today
extended till January 25 the judicial custody of former
Karnataka Minister Gali Janardhan Reddy and three others
accused in the "illegal" mining case involving Obulapuram
Mining Company (OMC).
Janardhan Reddy, lodged in Chanchalguda Jail here along
with brother-in-law and OMC Managing Director B V Srinivas
Reddy since September last after being arrested by CBI from
Bellary in adjoining Karnataka, and another accused,
ex-Director of AP Mines and Geology Department V D Rajagopal,
were produced before the court which extended the remand.
The judicial custody of suspended IAS officer Y
Srilakshmi, another accused in the OMC case, was also extended
till January 25 through video conference.
After being produced in the court, Janardhan Reddy
requested Judge Nagamaruti Sarma to consider his bail
application (earlier posted for hearing to Jan 23) and said he
would not run away from the country if released on bail.
Reddys and Rajagopal were also given copies of the charge
sheet filed by the Central agency on December 3. Due to
security reasons, Reddys were not produced in the court for
the past few months and their judicial remand was extended
CBI had registered a case against the mining firm in 2009
after OMC, owned by Janardhan Reddy, was accused of indulging
in illegal mining in the Bellary Reserve Forest, spread
between Bellary and Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh, by
obtaining leases through irregular means.
Meanwhile, the court also extended till January 25 the
judicial remand of industrialist Koneru Rajendra Prasad, an
accused in the scam-ridden APIIC-Emaar township project here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you