Respondents asked to file affidavits in `G` category site case
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court today directed all the 248 respondents, including MPs, MLAs and MLCs, to file individual affidavits in connection with a PIL challenging the allotment of sites under "G" category by the Bangalore Development Authority.
The petitioner, S Vasudeva, an advocate has challenged the BDA`s allotment of sites under ?G? category between February 2, 2006 and October 8, 2007.
The petitioner had contended that the allotment was illegal and against the rules. He alleged that these sites were allotted without receiving any applications from the 248 persons, while thousands of people waiting for sites were neglected.
A Division Bench headed by Justice K L Manjunath directed the respondents to file individual affidavits and adjourned the matter to August 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites