Respondents asked to file affidavits in `G` category site case
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court today directed all the 248 respondents, including MPs, MLAs and MLCs, to file individual affidavits in connection with a PIL challenging the allotment of sites under "G" category by the Bangalore Development Authority.
The petitioner, S Vasudeva, an advocate has challenged the BDA`s allotment of sites under ?G? category between February 2, 2006 and October 8, 2007.
The petitioner had contended that the allotment was illegal and against the rules. He alleged that these sites were allotted without receiving any applications from the 248 persons, while thousands of people waiting for sites were neglected.
A Division Bench headed by Justice K L Manjunath directed the respondents to file individual affidavits and adjourned the matter to August 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH