Respondents asked to file affidavits in `G` category site case
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court today directed all the 248 respondents, including MPs, MLAs and MLCs, to file individual affidavits in connection with a PIL challenging the allotment of sites under "G" category by the Bangalore Development Authority.
The petitioner, S Vasudeva, an advocate has challenged the BDA`s allotment of sites under ?G? category between February 2, 2006 and October 8, 2007.
The petitioner had contended that the allotment was illegal and against the rules. He alleged that these sites were allotted without receiving any applications from the 248 persons, while thousands of people waiting for sites were neglected.
A Division Bench headed by Justice K L Manjunath directed the respondents to file individual affidavits and adjourned the matter to August 25.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference