Respondents asked to file affidavits in `G` category site case
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court today directed all the 248 respondents, including MPs, MLAs and MLCs, to file individual affidavits in connection with a PIL challenging the allotment of sites under "G" category by the Bangalore Development Authority.
The petitioner, S Vasudeva, an advocate has challenged the BDA`s allotment of sites under ?G? category between February 2, 2006 and October 8, 2007.
The petitioner had contended that the allotment was illegal and against the rules. He alleged that these sites were allotted without receiving any applications from the 248 persons, while thousands of people waiting for sites were neglected.
A Division Bench headed by Justice K L Manjunath directed the respondents to file individual affidavits and adjourned the matter to August 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi