Respondents asked to file affidavits in `G` category site case
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court today directed all the 248 respondents, including MPs, MLAs and MLCs, to file individual affidavits in connection with a PIL challenging the allotment of sites under "G" category by the Bangalore Development Authority.
The petitioner, S Vasudeva, an advocate has challenged the BDA`s allotment of sites under ?G? category between February 2, 2006 and October 8, 2007.
The petitioner had contended that the allotment was illegal and against the rules. He alleged that these sites were allotted without receiving any applications from the 248 persons, while thousands of people waiting for sites were neglected.
A Division Bench headed by Justice K L Manjunath directed the respondents to file individual affidavits and adjourned the matter to August 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal