Rs 1 crore robbed from ATM cash loaders
Bangalore: In a daring daylight strike, a 15-member gang allegedly robbed about Rs 1 crore being transported for loading in ATMs by a private agency here.
The gang members armed with logs waylaid the vehicle, broke the window panes and overpowered the gunman and two cash loaders when they were proceeding to load the currency note in ATMs in R T Nagar locality, police said.
The culprits, who came in two vehicles, attacked the cash loaders and the gunman and escaped with about Rs 1 crore cash. The three received minor injuries and have been hospitalised, police said.
"However, we are yet to ascertain the exact amount from the bank authorities", police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say