‘Sadananda Gowda may join JD(S)’
Mangalore: Karnataka Janata Party secretary Dhananjaya Kumar on Sunday claimed former chief minister DV Sadananda Gowda has been neglected in the ruling BJP and in all likelihood join JD-S which will help his party (KJP) gain electoral benefits in the assembly elections, due in May.
"KJP is confident of gaining much in the upcoming elections. Sadananda Gowda has been ignored by the BJP and in all likelihood join JDS which will help our party to reap electoral gains," he told reporters here.
Kumar welcomed experienced and neglected candidates belonging to other political parties to join KJP.
He also said the Dakshin Kannada District KJP committee has been set up with a view to strengthening the party’s work in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured