‘Sadananda Gowda may join JD(S)’
Mangalore: Karnataka Janata Party secretary Dhananjaya Kumar on Sunday claimed former chief minister DV Sadananda Gowda has been neglected in the ruling BJP and in all likelihood join JD-S which will help his party (KJP) gain electoral benefits in the assembly elections, due in May.
"KJP is confident of gaining much in the upcoming elections. Sadananda Gowda has been ignored by the BJP and in all likelihood join JDS which will help our party to reap electoral gains," he told reporters here.
Kumar welcomed experienced and neglected candidates belonging to other political parties to join KJP.
He also said the Dakshin Kannada District KJP committee has been set up with a view to strengthening the party’s work in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls