‘Sadananda Gowda may join JD(S)’
Mangalore: Karnataka Janata Party secretary Dhananjaya Kumar on Sunday claimed former chief minister DV Sadananda Gowda has been neglected in the ruling BJP and in all likelihood join JD-S which will help his party (KJP) gain electoral benefits in the assembly elections, due in May.
"KJP is confident of gaining much in the upcoming elections. Sadananda Gowda has been ignored by the BJP and in all likelihood join JDS which will help our party to reap electoral gains," he told reporters here.
Kumar welcomed experienced and neglected candidates belonging to other political parties to join KJP.
He also said the Dakshin Kannada District KJP committee has been set up with a view to strengthening the party’s work in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30