Sadananda Gowda supporters seek state party chief post
Bangalore: Supporters of outgoing Karnataka chief minister DV Sadananda Gowda, including some MLAs, on Sunday demanded that the BJP central leadership make him the chief of the state unit of the party.
As Gowda arrived here from New Delhi where he was asked by the central leadership to quit yielding to the demand of former chief minister B S Yeddyurappa, his supporters thronged the airport and raised slogans hailing him.
They said at least 30 BJP MLAs would meet senior leaders Arun Jaitley and Rajnath Singh, who would arrive here tomorrow to oversee the election of Jagadish Shettar as the BJP legislature party leader, and take up their demand that Gowda be made the party`s state unit chief.
Gowda supporters said he was capable of leading the BJP as he had held the post in the past.
Their demand comes in the wake of Vokkaliga community expressing dissatisfaction over BJP`s decision to replace Gowda with Rural Development Minister Jagadish Shettar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next