Sadananda Gowda supporters seek state party chief post
Bangalore: Supporters of outgoing Karnataka chief minister DV Sadananda Gowda, including some MLAs, on Sunday demanded that the BJP central leadership make him the chief of the state unit of the party.
As Gowda arrived here from New Delhi where he was asked by the central leadership to quit yielding to the demand of former chief minister B S Yeddyurappa, his supporters thronged the airport and raised slogans hailing him.
They said at least 30 BJP MLAs would meet senior leaders Arun Jaitley and Rajnath Singh, who would arrive here tomorrow to oversee the election of Jagadish Shettar as the BJP legislature party leader, and take up their demand that Gowda be made the party`s state unit chief.
Gowda supporters said he was capable of leading the BJP as he had held the post in the past.
Their demand comes in the wake of Vokkaliga community expressing dissatisfaction over BJP`s decision to replace Gowda with Rural Development Minister Jagadish Shettar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan