Santosh Hegde flays Karnataka minister
Bangalore: Former Karnataka Lokayukta Santosh
Hegde on Saturday slammed state Excise Minister M P Renukacharya for
accusing him of being an "agent of the Congress" and "falsely
implicating" former Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa in several
Dismissing the charges made by Renukacharya, he told
reporters here he would not bother to react to the allegations
made by "people without values".
Renukacharya, a loyalist of Yeddyurappa, had yesterday
charged Hegde with being bias in his final report on illegal
mining, leaving out former Chief Minister N Dharam Singh and
other Congress leaders who had also figured in the interim
report. Yeddyurappa was forced to quit by the party central
leadership over the Lokayukta report.
Meanwhile, Yeddyurappa`s supporters, including an MP, today
termed the Lokayukta report on illegal mining as "flawed and
"There is no role for Yeddyurappa in illegal mining. The
report submitted by Hegde is beyond the scope of terms of
reference set for the probe. It only targetted Yeddyurappa and
BJP government" a booklet authored by four advocates and
released by Bangalore North Lok Sabha member D B Chandregowda
Gowda told reporters that the booklet was an endeavour "to
clear the clouds and show more clarity on the report".
He alleged that the Lokayukta report denied principles of
natural justice to Yeddyurappa and deliberately did not go
into role of chief ministers of the Congress, Congress-JDS,
The booklet titled "Lokayukta Report, BS Yeddyurappa A
Scapegoat?" said the report ignored the fact that no favours
were shown to Jindal Company by any officer. "UV Singh, in
his report, had not indicted Yeddyurappa," it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray