Sasikala gives clean chit to Jaya in wealth case
Bangalore: Sasikala Natarajan, estranged aide
of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa, deposed
before a special court on Saturday in the wealth case against them,
absolving the AIADMK supremo of any responsibility in the
handling of companies in which the two were partners.
Answering questions from Judge B M Mallikarjunaiah
pertaining to Jaya Publications and Sasi Enterprises,
Sasikala, second accused in the 15-year old case, told the
court that she alone managed the affairs of the companies and
Jayalalithaa was only a `dormant partner`.
"Selvi Jayalalithaa was not involved in the affairs of the
firm (Jaya Publications). I alone operated the bank account of
the firm. Jayalalithaa was a partner who was not involved in
the affairs of the firm", she said.
To another question on Sasi Enterprises, Sasikala`s
submission was similar. "True, as a partner, I was managing
the affairs of Sasi Enterprises. In this firm, Jayalalithaa
was not involved in any affairs. I alone operated the bank
account. Jayalalithaa was a dormant partner", she stated.
The recording of Sasikala`s statement began after the
Judge rejected her application seeking adjournment of the
process citing pendency of her Special Leave Petition on the
translation issue in Supreme Court.
Out of about 1,000 odd questions framed by the court,
Sasikala answered 40 which were translated into English by
interpreter K S Harish.
The Judge then adjourned the recording of the statement to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok